Getting budgie from room to another is stressful

Thehuffle

Oct 20, 2023
Media
Parrots
Huffle the grey Quaker parrot, poe the white & blue budgie, 2 breeding cockatiels
2 conures.
Poe is not very tamed but tame enough to sit on your hand chirping and fluffed and I spend time with him a lot. But in the winter a fire is always on near his cage wich means every time I get him out I need to cover wings back and forth through rooms. He hates it and now he becomes more hard to get out of the cage because of it. we have not luckily have an accident yet due to his clipped wings and it has made me worried about all the times he has became more trusted and bonded through the last month or two, I might be back at square one. 😓

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Poe is not very tamed but tame enough to sit on your hand chirping and fluffed and I spend time with him a lot. But in the winter a fire is always on near his cage wich means every time I get him out I need to cover wings back and forth through rooms. He hates it and now he becomes more hard to get out of the cage because of it. we have not luckily have an accident yet due to his clipped wings and it has made me worried about all the times he has became more trusted and bonded through the last month or two, I might be back at square one. 😓
I assume you're worried about him getting too close to the fire, right? There's also the concern about exposing him to woodsmoke. Even small amounts can be harmful to birds' delicate lungs. Can you keep him and his cage in another room, like your bedroom, where there's less danger of smoke and no risk of him getting into the fire?

Most Reactions

Latest posts