Gilbert actually was bratty

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I know i always say how i have NEVER seen Gilbert be anything other than anyone's "Dream Bird", he has never had a bad day, been bratty, been anything other than sweet and good.

Since the weather had been a bit cooler and it's getting dark so early, Gilbert hasn't been outside since last weekend. I could see a difference in his behavior! LOL. Every night this week, he was like a wild man flying around the house. He would land places I don't let him (on the tv, hanging on the wall, on my laptop, chewing it, etc) and i would say "no no" and take him down, and he would go tearing through the house, chewing on and doing whatever he wanted again. I think he had all this crazy pent up energy and needed to 'play outside'!

So anyhow, i'll have to get both of us in our 'winter mode' of indoor activities to keep him properly stimulated. No wonder he is such a good bird--i guess i have just been keeping him WELL entertained and exercised. This is a good example of how much a parrot's behavior changes when they are a little bored. He wasn't 'bad' or mean, just devious and bratty!!! :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mine are used to a fair amount of outside time too... My amazons especially get restless when they don't get their "tree time."

Most Reactions

Latest posts