Good vets in southeast PA/DE?

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

New congo grey baby comes home sometime in May!
We have to get our new macaw in for a check up, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good avian vets in the southeast PA / DE area? Thanks!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I've never taken a bird there since it's about 2 hours away from me, but I know the university of pennsylvania has one of the best veterinary facilities. About ten years ago, we had an accident with our dog that required her to stay at the hospital for about a week. The vets there were so great, not only could they do what our local vets couldn't as far as skin grafting and such, they emailed us pictures daily of the vet techs and our dog, making sure to show us what snazzy new vet wrap she was wearing :) I checked online and it seems they do have an avian vet, Dr. Karen Rosenthal. It may be a bit pricier since it's such a large hospital but they really have top notch vets and the best equipment. Hopefully someone else can give you some actual personal preferences though.

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

New congo grey baby comes home sometime in May!
Thanks! Yeah I called UPenn but they don't have avian vets on weekends :( Rio has a bit of a runny nose so we wanted to get him somewhere tonight. We found one in Wilmington that takes birds 24/7, so we're good. Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts