Grits

catfish

Oct 30, 2013
We had fried fish and grits for supper tonight and gave a little bit to my Zon and she loved them. Are thay ok to feed in moderation?

QuakerMom

Jun 21, 2013
USA
Parrots
One Quaker- Piper
Wow that's interesting. I personally feel that anything non toxic in moderation is fine. Craziest thing my parrot has ate is when she stole some of my ravioli out of my bowl. Probably not something to give them regularly but she liked it and seems healthy lol.

OP
C

catfish

Oct 30, 2013
I was looking at the post and I was talking about the grits and not the fish.

QuakerMom

Jun 21, 2013
USA
Parrots
One Quaker- Piper
I see no problem with it in moderation. Are you making them with milk? Birds don't have the ability to properly digest milk. If you use milk, just be very sparing with the grit treats :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Yes grits are fine, my zons love it. Mine also love fish, crab legs(small blue crab legs). Everything in moderation and variety is best.

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
I have made grits and scrambled eggs and shared with Mina my U2. Mine do have some milk in them. She also loves cream of wheat and will grab the bowl away from me anyway she can. She even try's to sweet talk me by saying I love you over and over till I give in. So I give her some. So far she's ok. My vet lets her cockatoo have coffee! I almost fell over when she told me.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Grits are polenta/cornmeal, aren't they? If so, I think it's an ingredient in the parrot crumbles.

Most Reactions

Latest posts