Grrrrrr..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
….food..frustrating as all heck. Ran out of muffins about a week ago. I think the kids were getting sick of them anyway,I was finding more and more on Amys basement floor then in his bowl. So for the last fewe days he had to suffice on pellets and whatever I could dig up..I was starting to feel bad.
today Uncle Donald was kind enough to pay me my mere pittance and I went shopping for both of the kids. Fruity pellets and millet for the little boy,Zupreem pellets for Amy..a toy or two then off to the grocery store.
I'm fighting the idea on making muffins this time. I ordered a "variety pack" of what looks ggod from Birdy Bistro but I thought I'd make FRESH chop instead of the muffs.
So I got an assortment of peppers,a cuke,yellow squash,radish,a bag of broc/cauli/carrots pieces,some shredded carrot/cabbage,and banana oh yeah and green beans. So I sat at the table and carefully cleaned and diced a sweat and toiled..to only have Amy turn his !@#*&^ beak up at everything!!!:mad::mad::mad:..oh...he DID eat the banana :49:

Anybody lookin' for a middle-aged green dino that cant say thanks for the effort dad?? (J/k of course! ;) )

Jim

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
fQO7kfC.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Darn Jim, but that sounds like typical Amazon to me!

The saying: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished! was coined during one of the early Amazona International Meetings and as part of the meeting of the Amazona Staff Members sub-committee.
Sometimes hiding your extensive efforts will bring your greater rewards - or just as likely, you will receive the same response! After all, being an Amazon Staff Person has those joyful non-rewarding days. :D

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I share your pain, bro. Salty will ignore the results when we prep his chop , usually > 150 baggies of it. We change the recipe every time. But keep offering it, I bet Amy changes his mind eventually.

Anita1250

Oct 19, 2017
NYC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon 35 years old
Mine won't eat anything frozen, except peas. All his other veggies have to be fresh. It is ok though, because we eat a lot of veggies. He gets whatever we are having.

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Mine refuse the frozen stuff too, Jim. They think they're too good for anything but the absolute freshest produce available. I eat frozen vegetables! Does that mean they think they're better than me?!?! Oh... don't answer that....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Birdmom12

Jan 21, 2019
Parrots
Parakeet named Blue. Adopted from a Humane Society 5 years ago.

Kirby Cockatiel adopted from a humane society 2018.

Also a slew of other small birds that span my entire childhood.
HA! I feel the pain on this one. I spent a pretty penny and time prepping chop for ours... she didn't eat an ounce of it, nor the next day, or the next.... needless to say the frozen batches we had left went in the trash. Same thing happened with birdie bread which everyone raves about... it was trash for her.

This week we try our hand at home made sprouts! If that fails I give up and stick to her large chunks of fruits and veggies like she commands.

Most Reactions

Latest posts