Half nibble half lick followed by crazy head bopping

ILOVEKIWI

Dec 15, 2020
somewhere you'll never find me
Parrots
Kiwi GCC
Hi everyone, something a little different happened yesterday morning:D. As usual I got up and was excited to start the new day and let Kiwi out of his cage, he wanted to get out and start the day too and greeted me in his usual happy, excited way, flying onto me, then I kind of put my finger next to him randomly, I cant really remember what I did to be honest, then he did this half nibble licking thing which has happened before but then he started bopping his head up and down crazily, looking very excited and happy:D I thought it was cute and I've never seen him popping his head like that. I thought it was a little strange that it was right after the lick, so he hopped on to my finger, and I let him lick my finger again, right after that he started religiously head bopping for the second time, he almost fell of my finger! After that he carried on as usual, being his normal happy, active self. I did some research and my guess is that he might have tasted me and got excited? I don't know, what do you think? I just thought it was funny and wanted to share.
Also sorry if my writing doesn't make sense it's too early for this:p

Edit: I just want to clarify that it wasn't a angry, or an agressive bite, it wasn't really a bite at all he didn't even close his mouth, it was more of a little curious/affectionate nibble? Just pretty much a little lick. BUT if you think something could be wrong please tell me.

Last edited:

JerryNewt

May 20, 2020
Hmm sounds like he/she is regurgitating.

Does it look like this: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtFsz-TW46I"]Green Cheek Conure regurgitating - YouTube[/ame] ?

If so, nothing to be worried about. Its either A) affectionate, or B) hormonal. Neither out of the ordinary.

MelloYello

Jan 11, 2021
A galaxy far far away
Parrots
MelloYello-Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Hi! Yep, like JerryNewt said, it seems Kiwi was trying to regurgitate! Donā€™t worry, this is completely normal and just means he likes you! Since heā€™s a baby it could also be a way of him asking for food.

Most Reactions

Latest posts