Have had my cockatiel for over 7 years and she can still be aggressive

JayChandler19

Aug 11, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Over the past couple years, I feel like she’s digressed in her tame ness. She got injured about 2 Christmases ago and she was very sweet after and depended on me and trusted me. Since then she has digressed and is afraid of my hands again and refuses to step up. She’s taken more of a liking to my dad and will step up for him and gets excited every time she even hears his voice. It’s very disheartening for me to watch this because she was close with me but now she only sometimes lets me scratch her and listens when I say “kiss kiss” and “spin” but will hiss and screech at me when I try to get her to step up or scratch her sometimes. Should I give up? I’m leaving for 2 years and she will be in the care with my dad so should I just leave her with my dad for the rest of her life?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 79

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
She is beautiful. Oh she is very very lucky to have you both. Love grows when it is shared.

My Emerald loves me for 3 to 4 months, then changed her mind. My spouse was her favorite for the next 6 months. And then I became her favorite again and so on and so forth. I don't know why. But we are happy when she is happy.

I guess this is normal. Perhaps there is always a new start every now and then. Since you are going away, she will have your father to shelter her. This is very fortunate. She just dodged rehoming. But when you return, that is an entire new chapter. No one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Most Reactions