Head Injury?

FishBones

Mar 9, 2023
Parrots
Beans- green cheek conure
Archie- green cheek conure
Yesterday afternoon my green cheek conure, Beans, got spooked by something and flew into a window. He usually doesn't do this but he hit it pretty hard and stunned himself. The stun only lasted a minute or two and his foot was clenched and his one wing was limp, he soon snapped out of it and started walking around but still seemed very skittish (of course) a little later he was walking and eating fine and fighting with his brother as usual but I'm worried because his one eye is squinted and his feathers are a bit fluffed around his chest on one side. He did lose a few feathers from the incident so it could be that but he isn't his usual obnoxious self and seems to be sore. He just wants to snuggle and be preened, which is unusual because he's always rowdy and bitey as he is young. I felt his wing, leg and neck and didn't feel anything and he didn't seem to be in discomfort more just annoyance that I was picking at him. Should I ask a vet about a possible head injury or concussion or could he just be a little sore from the incident?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yesterday afternoon my green cheek conure, Beans, got spooked by something and flew into a window. He usually doesn't do this but he hit it pretty hard and stunned himself. The stun only lasted a minute or two and his foot was clenched and his one wing was limp, he soon snapped out of it and started walking around but still seemed very skittish (of course) a little later he was walking and eating fine and fighting with his brother as usual but I'm worried because his one eye is squinted and his feathers are a bit fluffed around his chest on one side. He did lose a few feathers from the incident so it could be that but he isn't his usual obnoxious self and seems to be sore. He just wants to snuggle and be preened, which is unusual because he's always rowdy and bitey as he is young. I felt his wing, leg and neck and didn't feel anything and he didn't seem to be in discomfort more just annoyance that I was picking at him. Should I ask a vet about a possible head injury or concussion or could he just be a little sore from the incident?
I would bring him to the vet for a checkup.

Most Reactions

Latest posts