Hello everyone

Moxie

Sep 25, 2020
Texoma
Parrots
macaws
I just recently joined the forum, sorry it took me a couple of days to make this introduction.

I am mom to 5 human children all grown and 6 macaws, 2 small and 4 large. I retired last year after 31 years working for the government and moved half way across the country. My two oldest girls have 3 of the large macaws they have been caring for them while we moved and got settled. It took forever for us to find a house to buy and once we bought it we started right away with renovations and just about the time we got to the fixing everything back up pretty the world shut down... Oh man what a nightmare! The girls have been wanting them for years and after 14 months I may never get them back. I have Moxie and the twins with me. They aren't really twins we just call them that because they act just alike! The twins are mini macaws Kenny and Katie.

I have had parrots all my life. I really don't remember a time when there wasn't a parrot or two in our house. Growing up we had a wild caught amazon and a hyacinth macaw. I took my mothers hyacinths when she passed away and one passed about 10 years after her and we still the other one.

I love to read and I collect parrot related books. I love to do crafts, crochet, sewing, a little knitting, macrame, making bird toys, gardening, and the latest home renovations! Oh and I'm Doris, hello everyone :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hello Doris to you and your flock! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures, and hope you’ll post a few pictures soon :) Welcome aboard!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Doris, glad you joined! What a menagerie, and I love Moxie's pic you submitted for POTM contest!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome! I'm sure you will have a lot to offer! And you might be surprised at tge new things you will learn

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed! You must have some great stories, I hope you share with us.

OP
M

Moxie

Sep 25, 2020
Texoma
Parrots
macaws
Hello Doris to you and your flock! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures, and hope you’ll post a few pictures soon :) Welcome aboard!

Thank you. Here are couple of pics that I snapped yesterday. First pic is Katie her nickname is Spaz. Second pic is Kenny his nickname is Cranky. Third is of Miss Moxie my big blue chicken and we call her bat bird. When I get the time I will have to dig out some pictures of the others.

25028d1601390204-hello-everyone-katie.jpg

25029d1601390235-hello-everyone-kenny.jpg

25030d1601390271-hello-everyone-miss-moxie.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Moxie

Sep 25, 2020
Texoma
Parrots
macaws
Welcome to you!

Thank you :)

Welcome Doris, glad you joined! What a menagerie, and I love Moxie's pic you submitted for POTM contest!

Thank you :) really just a bunch of misfits I have gathered in my journey through life. Thank you Moxie has lots of expressions to share.

Welcome! I'm sure you will have a lot to offer! And you might be surprised at tge new things you will learn

Thank you :) Hope to learn something new.

Welcome and be welcomed! You must have some great stories, I hope you share with us.

Thank you :) Stories.... like how we had parrots playing in the sprinkler in the backyard when I was a kid, yeah I have a few.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing.... and keep them coming. Especially Miss Moxie, don't think we have current member with a Hyacinth!

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
No offense to the gorgeous Mr. Kenny but his nickname looks really fitting.

They are all stunning!!

OP
M

Moxie

Sep 25, 2020
Texoma
Parrots
macaws
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing.... and keep them coming. Especially Miss Moxie, don't think we have current member with a Hyacinth!

Really? I find that odd because lots of people have them.

No offense to the gorgeous Mr. Kenny but his nickname looks really fitting.

They are all stunning!!

Thank you :) No offense taken, he is the male of the species and he thinks every single thing should be done his way and if it isn't he is CRANKY! As long as you do things his way he is the sweetest thing in the world. The girls could care LESS!

Most Reactions