Hello from a soon-to-be bird Mom! (& some questions)

OP
Karlys

Karlys

Apr 11, 2018
We have good news! It's just a confidence issue and not an ability one. She's about 5 weeks old, by the way. I held her in my palm at first so she felt safe and, after a few mins, I scooted her to the edge of my hand and then tilted it so she was forced to perch. She wobbled and looked a little panicky for a second but then balanced herself. We did it for about 30 seconds, let her be flat on our palms for the majority of the rest of the time, and then had her perch for another 30 seconds before we put her back. We also offered millet but, after giving it a good lick and feel with her mouth, she spat it out.

Poor Yoda! I'm glad it didn't take him too long to adjust! I believe you're right though, Skye will be okay with a little love and patience. Having her perch on our hand a little every time we visit will help too, I'm sure.

OP
Karlys

Karlys

Apr 11, 2018
She's growing so fast, it's incredible!

Attachments

• received_1819148108107435.jpg
    received_1819148108107435.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 67
OP
Karlys

Karlys

Apr 11, 2018
Can anyone recommend a carrier for a cockatiel? We only live 5 mins from the bird store, so I was initially thinking a cardboard box to bring her home in but I think we should think ahead and get something more permanent for vet visits. We have one of these for our bearded dragons:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ASBTU/

Would that work for Skye too (we'd buy a second one so she wouldn't share with the lizards) or should we get one that looks more like a cage?

Most Reactions

Latest posts