Cici

May 2, 2009
Brevard County FL
Parrots
2 Nanday Conures- Fred,Gracie
1 yellow ring neck female-Sunday
1 Mustache Parakeet female- Juliette
LOL i think i posted in the wrong form earlier

:grey:Hello, My name is Cecilia aka Cici. I have been rescueing animals for about 5 years now. I've had some teils, and love birds in the past, my mother ended up keeping when i moved out, she said she didn't want a quite house... LOL. Well I just got a HUGE flight cage and i'd love to have some feather friends in my home to sing with me!!! If anyone has any birds they can no longer care for or would like to give to a forever home I'm your girl! I am a stay at home mother so i spend my entire day with my 2 yr old son and my furry friends! If you have any donations different size cages from BIG to small let me know. I get birds to foster from time and again, but i'm looking for a bird to be part of the family. My husband is getting me 2 Aviaries, one inside and one suncatcher!!!! I cant wait! I just need birds to give am amazing home to! I live in Brevard county florida! Look forward to meeting new people who share the same passion that I do! Take Care and God Bless! :blue1:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome Cici, it's good to have such a resource here, but something didn't seem very clear:

If you are offering to take in parrots that the previous owner can no longer care for you would most likely only get those with significant to severe behavioral problems. You say you have kept love birds and cockateils in the past; do you have experience with larger parrots? If not you may be taking on more trouble than you expect as I think it is the larger birds that are more often given up for such problems.

OP
Cici

Cici

May 2, 2009
Brevard County FL
Parrots
2 Nanday Conures- Fred,Gracie
1 yellow ring neck female-Sunday
1 Mustache Parakeet female- Juliette
I understand what your concern is. My fiance's father has a Nanday conure... and WOW you want to talk about behavioral problems!!!! WOW!!! that bugger is MEAN and is LOUD and OMGosh!!!!! BUT... i have got him to learn to trust me... SO, i think i am up for the challenge. I just picked up some wonderful birds today! 2 Nanday conures, 1 yellow ringneck female, and 1 mustache parakeet female... The lady said the Nandays are breeding pair that she got from someone but they have never had babies while she has had them. (i dont know how long she owned them, but the birds are all between 1-4years of age) I am enjoying the company of birds i have! Its great! Oh and the Nandays are sooo loving they gave me kisses! lol, i'm a little concerned about the Yellow ringneck, she was freaking out and flapping her wings and throwing herself from one side of the cage to the other... it wasn't very appealing... BUT, i calmed her down.. and covered her cage with a blanket and she's been doing good... i will check on her in the morning, the mustache parakeet makes the most beautiful noises, she is just sooooo loving and shows so much interest in me! I'll repost tomorrow about the ringneck and let you know what her temperment is now thats she'll have been settled for over 8 hrs.

lindadeylitz

Mar 19, 2011
Hi Cici,

My Nanday just died a few days ago. He was a gift and I had him for 5 years. I can hardy stand being in this room as this is where his cage was. He wasn't friendly and would bite the stuffing out of you if given the chance, but I loved that bird. I miss all his loud screeching noise and his just being there. If you hear of anybody wanting a home for their Nanday, please let me know because I sure want another one. I don't want just any bird, it has to be a Nanday conure just like Salvador was, and I don't have a lot of money to pay for one. Thanks!

Linda :green2:

Most Reactions