Hello!!! I’m Misty & my Pineapple Conure is “Mango.”

Misty1133

Mar 25, 2022
Parrots
“Mango” Pineapple Conure
Hello to all. I’m new here & am hoping to educate myself & eventually get my new Conure used to me. My fiancé said he always wanted a bird. Then boom, he brings home a young Conure that his Nan didn’t have time for. But neither does he! So now it’s up to yours truly. So far, Mango is extremely skiddish and screams A LOT! I have seen a little progress when I sing to him in the evening and he gets sleepy eyed. Lol. I don’t want to terrify him, but I also would love to bond with him. So any advice would be greatly appreciated at this point!!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hi! Welcome! We are a very active group, in love with all things parrots.

This is a great article, long but worth reading it all

And if you want even more on reading parrot behavior

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
You're my newest hero, Misty. Thank you for "rescuing" this deserving little bird! I'm so glad you're here.

9lhIlM0.jpg

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Hi

Welcome to the forums,

Was the bird hand fed? Sometimes they are shy for a bit but you can bring the trust back pretty quick if it was raised by a good breeder......also TREATS!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Hello welcome!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Mango!! You're in great company with plenty of conure parronts eager to share advice!

Most Reactions

Latest posts