Hello - I'm new!

witzend

Jan 26, 2018
Parrots
1 budgie - RAZZLE
Hi - I've had Razzle (Budgie):greenyellow: for just over a week - he's about 12 wks old and I can get him out of his cage and play 'step up', feed him from my fingers (out of the cage) and walk around the room with him on my fingers.................all good :) I have 3 questions -
  • what's the timeline for him to show interest/start eating veg/fruit (nothing)? what's the timeline for him to start chirping (nothing)?
  • what's the timeline for him to start taking an interest in toys/mirrors (nothing)?

I'm not wanting to rush him into anything but I just wondered if it's 'normal' for him to spend most of his time sitting on a perch when he's ok outside of it with me !! :)

Time lines and parrots are shakey at best, and answered only in the broadest sense. Like: WHen will my budgie be sexualy mature? Ans: When he starts humping everything.

He'll start to twitter and chip to you when he feels like he is a member of your flock.
He'll start to play with toys when he sees you playing with them(and can the mirror)
He'll start to eat fruitand veggies after theyhave been offered for a long time, and he sees you eating them.

Let your budgie work at his pace, not yours. Good Luck

Welcome to you and Razzle! Please check out the Budgie forum, you'll find an abundance of very targeted information and advice.

Food is a bit tricky, often takes encouragement and you eating identical foods in Razzle's presence. Make separate servings of fresh vegetables and fruits for you and Razzle, start eating and show great enjoyment.

Welcome!
Good advice above.
I'm glad you and Razzie are here. What a beautiful color. I wonder what that mutation is called...

No idea of the mutation- if anyone knows please let me know :)

Time lines and parrots are shakey at best, and answered only in the broadest sense. Like: WHen will my budgie be sexualy mature? Ans: When he starts humping everything.

He'll start to twitter and chip to you when he feels like he is a member of your flock.
He'll start to play with toys when he sees you playing with them(and can the mirror)
He'll start to eat fruitand veggies after theyhave been offered for a long time, and he sees you eating them.

Let your budgie work at his pace, not yours. Good Luck

Thanks for this :) I'm very happy to wait for him - just didn't want to think he SHOULD be doing certain things!! :eek:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back