Hello

FluffyParrot

Jun 29, 2009
Parrots
Sun Conure
My name is Amanda, I am 13, and a proud owner of a Sun Conure named Sunny. (His 1st birthday will be on July 14) I saved my money for a year so I could get him. I even got him a huge cage, with lots of toys!

PhotoShare-2.jpg

PhotoShare-3.jpg

I'm glad to have found a forum on parrots, I have many questions because I want my Sunny parrot to be happy~

Awesome pictures, and welcome to the forum. Saved for a year and got him and a cage? Do me a favor and NEVER complain to your parents about your allowance.

When I was 12-13 I would have had to save for ten years just to get the bird, then another ten to get the cage.

In my family the rule was our weekly allowance for doing all our chores and not getting in ANY trouble was 10 cents times our age. So at 13 I was getting a buck thirty a week... if I was lucky.

Welcome! Glad you are here, and beautiful pics!

Haha AD... See now I don't even have to make the money, I just talk my parents into getting it for me... ;)

Wow...Amanda, he's beautiful! When I was young....I got $5 a week. It would have taken me years to save that much money!

Wow...Amanda, he's beautiful! When I was young....I got $5 a week. It would have taken me years to save that much money!
He certainly is.
I could have been making $15 a week, but I stopped doing the chores and whatever was on the list...
Maybe if I save up like this I'll have more than enough for whatever I want to buy...

I guess I am pretty lucky to get so much allowance (Birthday & Christmas money!) I'm also lucky to find such a large cage for only $150 lol. Thank you for the comments!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back