hello

papawali

Mar 22, 2014
Mounds View, MN
Parrots
Meyers parrot named Vincent
My wife and I have a Meyers Parrot. We adopted him in December of 2012. He is such a sweet bird and we love spending time with him. He will sit on your shoulder forever! Also, he is great with our 2 kids who are 6 and 3.

Just wanted to introduce myself and our bird.

Thanks,
C.J.

Hi and welcome C.J. glad you joined us.
Congrats with your new Meyers Parrot, they are lovely birds.
Have you decided on a name yet?
Please post some pic's we loved sharing

Enjoy our wonderful friendly forum

Hey CJ, welcome to the forum. Please post some pics/vids of the family with your meyers. Hope to see you around on the forum.

Thanks for the replies! Our Meyers parrot is named Vincent. He's about 15 years old, we adopted him from a local parrot rescue.

Also, we used to have a pair of black headed caique's named Coco and Mini. They were a ton of fun! Currently my parents have them as they took them when we went overseas. We decided to leave them with my parents when we returned from overseas as my parents really love them to and didn't want to keep on moving them from house to house. It was a hard decision but best for Coco and Mini.

While we were overseas at one point we were living in a Village and one of the local people found a baby male eclectus. Unfortunately in this country the people do not care much for pets and just eat them! (horrible) We decided to buy him for 20 kina (roughly 7 US Dollars, incredible deal) and save his life. The locals were happy and we were really happy. We named him Wali, which in their language meant brother. He was a really sweet bird. We spent a lot of time with him. When we had to come back from overseas another expatriate family took him in and still have him. They love him to.

I'll get some pics of Vincent up soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi CJ and welcome! So glad you joined us and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of Vincent:)
What a wonderful thing you did for Wali and I am so happy he is still in a wonderful home:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back