Hello!

dmallia

Jul 29, 2011
Zurrieq, Malta
Parrots
"Ricky" Green Cheek Conure
Hello. My name is Daniel. I am 22 years old and live in Malta, Europe. Last summer I rescued a cockatiel from my garden that was almost dead. She's good now and I fell in love with her although she seems to be a aggressive to me. After some research since I had not owned a bird before, 4 weeks ago I got a baby green cheek conure that now he is 10-11 weeks old and decided to join the forum since I found my main information from here.

Regards,
Daniel.

This was taken at the first day

2014_05_16_19_02_20.jpg

These were taken during this week.

20140602_123222.jpg

20140607_115124.jpg

20140608_100027.jpg

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
Senegal, Maximillian Pionus, 2 Cockatiels, Ruppell's
Welcome Daniel! Your little GCC is adorable. He looks very sweet. I would love to see a pic of your cockatiel too.

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Welcome! Love your GCC! I saw one at a pet store and fell in love with their personality. He's what prompted me to get my Sun Ducati. I also have never had experience with birds. I've had every other kind of pet imaginable (dogs,cats,guinea pigs, bearded dragons) but Ducati is my first bird. I'd love to see a pic of your cockatiel as well.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome!
Your Green cheek is adorable! I would also love to see pictures of your cockatiel, how wonderful that you were able to save her:)
What are their names?

OP
dmallia

dmallia

Jul 29, 2011
Zurrieq, Malta
Parrots
"Ricky" Green Cheek Conure
Welcome! Love your GCC! I saw one at a pet store and fell in love with their personality. He's what prompted me to get my Sun Ducati. I also have never had experience with birds. I've had every other kind of pet imaginable (dogs,cats,guinea pigs, bearded dragons) but Ducati is my first bird. I'd love to see a pic of your cockatiel as well.

Well I am a reptile and amphibian enthusiast. Currently have 3 snakes, 3 frogs and these are my first birds. Surely won't be the last.

As regard names, I'm still undecided :( I found some names on the internet hopefully I will find something.

Here's a picture of the cockatiel. It was taken approximately this january. Maybe I'll take a few more.
20052013291.jpg

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
We got our two beardies about three years ago. The people who gave them to us had them in the same tank and they stayed like that until last year. We never had a problem with them being together but one day the more mellow one looked a little constipated. I put them in the bath to try and help and even started trying to help push it out. Well we got more than we were expecting. Ed ended up laying three eggs. We got a Chinese Water Dragon last year, but sadly our roommates neglected all of our pets while we were on vacation and poor Zill (short for Godzilla) didn't make it.

Ducati was already named when we got and we really liked the name so we decided to keep it

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forum!! Very cute birds!

Davidcsky

Apr 22, 2014
Malta
Parrots
Barney, Quaker Parakeet who joined us as a 4 week old baby on the 15th July 2013 & Mannie, Alexandrine Parakeet who joined us as a 4 week old baby on the 8th of April 2014
Welcome to the forum, another Maltese in here then :))

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi Daniel and welcome
Your Green Cheek is too adorable, and looks so healthy