Help!!!! My DYH female is sick..

moon1964

Jun 8, 2018
Washington
Parrots
double yellow-head amazon...Angel
blue-front amazon...Blue
she has been laying these eggs that are thin shell and i find them on the botton broken as if they break on contact with the grating, or shes breaking them herself. anyway shes in poor health been trying to get her to eat fresh food. and been trying to get some calcium in her and putting her outside in the sunshine. at this moment she is on my shoulder puffed and dozing. I hope she lasts until I can ger her in. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Calcium can be added to her diet by finely grinding up clean egg shells and sprinkling it on her food. Keep her warm until she can be seen by a vet, since trying to keep warm uses energy she may not have. Let her rest until she is seen by a Certified Avian Vet, not a cat and dog vet. No stress, no big activity. Plenty of water and food available, Egg related issue usually involve some sort of dietary problems, but let the vet tell you what the treatment is.

OP
moon1964

moon1964

Jun 8, 2018
Washington
Parrots
double yellow-head amazon...Angel
blue-front amazon...Blue
i am getting some calcium mineral drops and some multi vita drops and getting a uva uvb lamp as well

Most Reactions

Latest posts