Help! My parrot keeps targeting my feet

Sleepless22

Aug 4, 2021
This problem isn't new. I have had my african grey parrot for five years now. She has been friendly with everyone and very talkative, but ever since I got her she has been trying to bite my feet. Only mine. There are six people in this house and she only targets my feet( extreme case of foot fetish lol). She goes to extreme lengths just to bite them she would climb my bed at night and get to my feet sometimes. She has left horrible bite marks all over my feet. She is out of the cage most of the time and when I'm unaware she just comes running so fast and bites. I can't seem to find a solution to this. If someone knows a way to make her normal i would greatly appreciate it.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
May seem overly simple, but keep your Parrot off the floor! And you should wear shoes when your Parrot is out and about. Free Roaming Parrots is a privilege that is earned and bitting feed does not meet the privilege of being out and about, especially on the floor.

Being out and about at night is even a bigger privilege.

There are several opinions regarding what is causing this targeted response and the most common is at some point, your Parrot has been kicked repeatedly by someone that kind of looks like you and sadly you have become the target.

Keep you Parrot off the floor and in a sleeping cage at night. FYI: Clearly your room /home is too bright at night as Parrots have very poor night vision and being able to move about at night implies too much lighting.

Most Reactions

Latest posts