Help please!!

Jessebird

Oct 10, 2012
Hello everyone. I have a 5 month old congo grey. Ive seen alot of pictures of greys playing on their backs so im wondering how to go about this??? Im not sure of the sex but regardless misha is a great pal. Any ideas?! For the most part misha lobes when i scratch its head and neck and so when i do this little by little i use my other hand to stroke mishas back. But if i touch mishas back randomly it will scream at me. Idk what to do. Pleeease help.

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Good Bird Inc has a video on "Preparing for the vet visit" that show how to train this. Touching of the back can lead to sexual behavior so keep it to a minimum to prevent confusion in your bird. How is your bird with toweling? If he's not freaked by a towel being put over his back then place your hand on the towel and slowly turn you bird over for a few seconds then right back up right side and praise your bird.

OP
J

Jessebird

Oct 10, 2012
Till this day i havent had a need for toweling?? Is there any reason i ahould be doing this?? Ive loved birds all my life but thia is my first time actually owning one. Misha just confuses me! Like this morning i wanted to try and get misha more comfortablw with me so i tried touching her back but misha just wouldnt let me. She would show me it didnt want me to by growling and trying to bit me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts