help please

Moheba996

Oct 13, 2020
hi guys..needed some help. ive had my birds for a long time and just recently moved into a new place with them. my white bird on the left keeps her head down while sleeping on the wooden stick. she sleeps in a vertical position with head down. is that normal? please help me i am so confused. thank you!

Attachments

• 0AEF073D-4439-4430-9810-61BFD6109856.jpeg
    0AEF073D-4439-4430-9810-61BFD6109856.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Some birds are simply adorable, slanted borbs when sleeping but a horizontal position can also be a sign of illness. Check with a CAV just to be sure.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It can be a sign of weakness when they let their head hang when sleeping. So concerning if she hasn't done before.

Unfortunately I had 7 burds sick , so I gained a lot of experience ...and witnessed different symptoms. My Green cheek let her head hang when sleeping when she was sick, she didn't do that before or after she recovered. My vet told me was weakness.

Moving can just add a little stress to birds and that can allow things to flair up. I can tell you that a number of times after a move people have had their birds get sick.

So as we can never know the only advice we feel safe giving is for people to have them check out. Hopefully all ok, but if not they can get in a bad way quickly.

Things you can do to help, offer millet as a high calorie snack. Offer spinach , and whole leaves of romaine lettuce to nibble on. The nutrients boost helps. As does bell pepper try for tge yellow or orange or red ones fir more vitamin A.

Aldo keeping things warmer. Heat helps them save calories and heal better. So don't have them near a window or draft, turn up heat in home a couple of degrees to 74f. K&H sells a cage warmer panel they can snuggle up to for added warmth.

Most Reactions

Latest posts