Parrots
Basil - 22yr male SI Eclectus
River - male GCC
Nemo - female BCC - handicapped
Summer - female pineapple gcc
Rainbow - male yellow side gcc
Lando - male black headed caique
Paprika - female SI eclectu
Oh no. Sending best wishes for you and your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I am so sorry. That is awful. Keep us posted and thank you for contacting the other adopter--- that was smart of you.

Sadly, it is not that uncommon for pet stores to acquire sick birds or asymptomatic birds. Other birds in that store are also potentially at risk, but they may or may not ever show signs

If the unspeakable happens, I would strongly urge you to ask your vet about a necroscopy to determine what disease this may be. Certain viruses are very stable in the home for long periods of time and so you want to know what this is. It could impact future birds in some cases. Things like ABV, PBFD, PDD are very contagious viral issues that are not tested for by breeders 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm so glad you got treatment. I add my prayers thst he improves and fully recovers!@

OP
R

Redwyne

Apr 25, 2021
I am so sorry. That is awful. Keep us posted and thank you for contacting the other adopter--- that was smart of you.

Sadly, it is not that uncommon for pet stores to acquire sick birds or asymptomatic birds. Other birds in that store are also potentially at risk, but they may or may not ever show signs

If the unspeakable happens, I would strongly urge you to ask your vet about a necroscopy to determine what disease this may be. Certain viruses are very stable in the home for long periods of time and so you want to know what this is. It could impact future birds in some cases. Things like ABV, PBFD, PDD are very contagious viral issues that are not tested for by breeders 99% of the time.

Thank you, he cant provide any tests he just said he is infected with bacteria and he need injections + antibiotics and some medicines.

The other adopter had the same vet checking his baby and his bird has the same infection but good news his bird is in good shape and vomting, his bird been in the same course for 3 days so far so 3 days left.

I have a baby African gray in another cage he is ok he checked him too just in case.

and I will keep you updated. I have no comment on the store really I just feel mad at them :mad: if they told me his birds are sick I would have been bought my baby too and got him checked day 1 not keep the bird suffering 3 days without me knowing what's going on...

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very sorry to hear your young Eclectus us unwell. Very difficult without testing to know the type of infection or whether a disease process. I assume the vet injected broad-spectrum antibiotics and prescribed orally for the next 5 days. Please let us know if you have difficulty giving the meds as there are creative ways to overcome. Wishing the very best outcome, please keep us updated.

OP
R

Redwyne

Apr 25, 2021
Very sorry to hear your young Eclectus us unwell. Very difficult without testing to know the type of infection or whether a disease process. I assume the vet injected broad-spectrum antibiotics and prescribed orally for the next 5 days. Please let us know if you have difficulty giving the meds as there are creative ways to overcome. Wishing the very best outcome, please keep us updated.

Having hard time yes because he is hard to hand feed comparing to my gray and he refuses more now to eat.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry, my deepest condolences for the loss of your baby Eclectus.

You had the very best of intentions, sadly unethical breeders and sellers continue pushing unweaned babies into impossible situations.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I’m really sorry to hear your precious baby passed away. You did absolutely the best you could, including seeking outside help. Sending warm hugs your way!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I am so very sorry. You did the best you could-- you were put in the midst of an unfair situation by the shop. So unfair that you had to go through this.

Alembic772

May 13, 2020
Spring Hill, FL
Parrots
River - male GCC
So sad and heartbreaking.

Alembic772

May 13, 2020
Spring Hill, FL
Parrots
River - male GCC
If you need anything please let all of us know.

Most Reactions