help with poll

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I want people to be able to add multiple females or males votes.....I don't know how to set up

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Stand by Laura, I'm still working on it for you :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ok, unfortunately Laura, if what you are looking for is a poll that you can leave open-ended, that will allow members to cast multiple votes and give a running total of percentages as you go, the system sadly is not set up for that. If you have a look at one of the Photo Of The Month polls, however, you'll see that when they close after so many days, it does give a percentage of votes cast at the end. There doesn't seem to be a way though to allow for members to cast a vote for each of their flock, so perhaps the way you originally had it set up with multiple male female male female etc options might be the only way for members with multiple birds to be able to account for them. Perhaps members could post in your thread to advise you "manually" how many of each gender they have, and you can keep a running total of the numbers yourself? That seems to be the only solution to achieve what you're looking for. Sorry about that Laura, but it seems that the polling system really is just set up more for your "first past the post" type of voting!

Most Reactions

Latest posts