Help!!!

OP
Astro

Astro

Sep 3, 2007
Phoenix
Parrots
1-Calico Macaw- Cosmo
Well done Astro. You obviously care about your Macaw, and such a gorgeous specimen she is! (He is?)
Lol tex and red.....I'm fully confused.

Thanks :D Comsos a boy :D (At least that's what the owner told me when I bought him :19:)

OP
Astro

Astro

Sep 3, 2007
Phoenix
Parrots
1-Calico Macaw- Cosmo
Hi guys. Been away for awhile :( Update... Cosmo is doing excellent! He now goes to my sister! She started out taking him from his cage, and now he will go to her from me :) I'm still working on getting my mom to take him, but she is still fraid of him. Even though before my stepmom had him he would go to her, so now I gotta work on my mom not being afraid. Anyway- so far it's better then ever :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hi guys. Been away for awhile :( Update... Cosmo is doing excellent! He now goes to my sister! She started out taking him from his cage, and now he will go to her from me :) I'm still working on getting my mom to take him, but she is still fraid of him. Even though before my stepmom had him he would go to her, so now I gotta work on my mom not being afraid. Anyway- so far it's better then ever :D

Really glad to hear that Astro! How is our buddy Cosmo doing? I think I need a Cosmo fix ... you need to upload some new pictures for us, you know how much I love those BIG MACS (and I am not talking the ones from the place with the Golden Arches)!!

:50:

OP
Astro

Astro

Sep 3, 2007
Phoenix
Parrots
1-Calico Macaw- Cosmo
I'm working on getting more pics. I got a little video on my phone of him taking a bath, but the quality stinks. I'm just gonna have to go buy a video camera :D

OP
Astro

Astro

Sep 3, 2007
Phoenix
Parrots
1-Calico Macaw- Cosmo
Absolutely. Once you get him back in his old routine, being handled a lot, it will be just like old times - ONLY BETTER.

One thing I have learned from half a decade of rescuing parrots - some of whom were macaws that had been kept in poor condition, in crappy cages, that hated life, and hated people for doing this to them -

Once they have it good, they become overly appreciative, and are almost "grateful." They want to be playful and mushy. They get angry and spiteful. Given the opportunity to be a playmate again, they will.

Macs have to be handled a lot or they will bite. Period! It's normal. He will turn around, and probably in short order. Don't worry. All it takes is a little patience and handling, and above all Love.

Thanks :)- I can see his getting more "Mushy" than before! I love it. When I come home from work he's right by the front door- so we have a ritual where I go over and give him lots of kisses- I have a uniform so I go change before I let him out of the cage, but he loves it when get home. He usedto hate it when I would put him to bd, but he is calm now becasue I give him a goodnight nut and wisper at him- It's pretty funny-he actually wispers back. Cracks me up :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts