TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, NZ, I would suggest that you try to find a Mac to interact with, at a rescue, at a store, at a bird club ... you will know almost instantly if you have it or not ...

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
I've heard the blue ang golds here are inbred because of a limited gene pool, thats sad :( But bac kto the point, I might get in touch with the NZ governing parrot people, I dont know their official name, and see if they can put me in touch with a Christchurch owner, I'd love to get to know one!! (And really need to hear one...lol)

Red. Better wages, more job opportunities, especially in our feilds, more realistic house prices, the weather, the healthcare benefits, the wildlife, the lifestyle......

So why here?

We wont be coming over form another year yet I imagine.

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
Yes Dear.

But you have the parrots that dont break the bank, the health benefits, the weather, some reasonable views, the hot guys (yes I am happily married but eye candy is ok! look but dont touch) etc. Oh and the Aussie Institute of Sport setup is to die for (I am a Personal Trainer after all......)

I feel as though we have hijacked this thread red. we need our own aussie/nz thread.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
This thread now belongs to to the peoples front of the South Pacific!
Take us somewhere nice or I will shoot one hostage every decade till you do.
Maoris scare me.
I'm staying home.

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw, Madison;
Yellow Naped Amazon, Rocky;
Timneh African Grey, Tyler
Pfft.. don't worry about the Macaw genes.. you can buy them at any store in the juniors department!

destroyedjeans.jpg

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
...the hot guys (yes I am happily married but eye candy is ok! look but dont touch).

Now, I think it's only fair that your hubby gets to come on here and tell the guys about the FEMALE EYECANDY .. I mean, inquiring minds really want to know ... :04:

NZ, I have seen your pic on your Myspace page ... and if all the women are that good looking I just might have to ...um...crap...:( send some of my single friends over there :(
(where'd you think I was going with that?)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Pfft.. don't worry about the Macaw genes.. you can buy them at any store in the juniors department!

destroyedjeans.jpg

What Flyte forgot to mention was that the holes, along with the rest of the entire person, was chewed up because the person who was handling the macaw DIDN'T get those genes first ... :D

G-E-N-E, Flyte, NOT J-E-A-N-S!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Geez Tex, are you always on the make?
You keep throwing in your line with bait on it, but you reel it in before anyone can bite on it.
Nz was just getting ready to leave her man for ya, and then you backed out like a fireman in a gay fraternity house.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Yeah, well ... ya know, I have to play nicely around here espicially since I know (and I don't have to question if she does or not) that my future wife DOES read these forums ...

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
So rather than lure these international women to your lair, you just tease them and run off? nice!

OP
Astro

Astro

Sep 3, 2007
Phoenix
Parrots
1-Calico Macaw- Cosmo
Somehow this thread has gotten-
15.gif

lol- always wanted to post that somehwere :D
Anyways- Cosmo update :D I was totally shocked yesterday. Some friends came over to visit who used to babysit Cosmo for me sometimes when I would go out of town. It took about 20 minutes, then she opened tha cage and Cosmo went right to her, he didnt evn try to bite her. I was so happy. He did great! I think he's almost back to 100%. He tests me more than he used too, but I figure that will take time. I'm so excited! I've been teaching him to raise one claw when I raise my hand and say hi. He's getting it down pretty good,- not pefect, but close. As soon as I get a recorder, I'm gonna make some videos of him and post them. :)

Most Reactions