Help

dave36ni

Mar 24, 2014
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me , I'm trying to find parrot breeders in Northern Ireland and am having no luck , Iv tried searching the web and gumtree but so far nothing , failing that do ul breeders courier to NI ?

Erivera41509

Apr 7, 2014
Adopting has a lot of responsibilities. I live in NYC, and have adopted my first OWA from a shelter near me, and he was my first. I was aware of his overweight issues and as well as the 2 fatty masses he had to have surgically removed from his stomach, and so he was kept on his strict Harrison's diet. But I only had him for a year and a week. He had testicular cancer, and most likely developed it from the shelter, and happen to get worse with me when I took him home. I still blame the fault on me till this day. I felt like I could have done better. He was such a happy bird. He had opened up to me so much. At the shelter when I would visit him for 3 months before taking him home, all he would ever do was run to the back of the cage, and all he ever did at home with me before and after was stay out of his cage lol. I miss him so much. He passed away during the surgical removal procedure of the tumor. There's so many risks of adopt, don't get me wrong it's a great gift to give another bird another chance at love and care. But sadly almost if not all brought in at shelters most likely have health issue already.

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Beeper CAG, Maui Lu B&G, Mi Hijo GW
and Bergie my little BFA in Rainbow Bridge
E- I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one of these precious little ones. I've just gotten so familiar over the years with the plight of parrots, I support adoption. I'm sorry your experience ended sadly. Sincerely, Sheryl

Most Reactions