Helpp !!!

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
My Blue Fronted Amazon Jamie Has Gone Missing I Woke Up This Morning To Find His Cage Door Wide Open And I Cannot Find Him Anywhere Please Hlep Me And Give Me Tips On Where To Looks Thanks ):

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
I Didnt have any doors open or anything or windows

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Lucky, Quaker, abt 18/male?
Previous birds: 2 Quakers, 2 budgies, Nanday conure, Indian ringneck, 2 tiels, Red Lory, 300+ finches.
Does he like to hide and sleep? Could he be under a couch or in some laundry?

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
No i havnt found him yet but He likes to hide but he doesnt normally sleep during the day but surley he wouldve come out for food by now ?

ziggybird

Jan 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Meyer's Parrot (Tukki),
Meyer's Parrot (Brooklyn),
Double Yellow Headed Amazon (Ziggy),
Blue and Gold Macaw (Max)
If all the doors and windows are closed, he's probably hiding somewhere. CAREFULLY check under couches, night stands, anywhere that the little guy could possibly hide.

After you check the kitchen, if your bird usually responds to you cooking something (like the sound of the microwave... or a particular food smell he responds to) try making something and seeing if you get him to make some kind noise.

Let us know if you find him!

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
He doesnt usually respond to the sound of the microwave or cooking really ive checked everywhere i cannot find him D:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Have you looked in all the Cupboards, Wardrobes ? Also have a look in Handbags or anything like!!! I remember when Codie went missing for a while, I found him rummaging in my Handbag!

I hope you find him and please keep us updated.

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
Ive Looked Everywhere under the bed cupboards hangbags not that i really have any but u know and i still cannot find him anywhere :(

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Just take a deep breath and try not to panic. If your sure he didn't get out of the house then he's there somewhere. Is he flighted? Is he on top of cabinets? Did you check the bathrooms? Hate to ask but did you look in the toilet? If you are sure he's not in the bathroom then make sue you put the lids down and shut the doors.

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
Hes Not Flighted Because He Kept Flying into the windows im not panicking so much about him being missing im worrying whether he's alive or not and no hes not in the toilet

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Have you checked behind furniture, Stove , Refridgerator. Washer, Dryer, has anyone else come or gone? Do you have a cellar, have you checked all closets and cubbords can he get behind the bathtub check behind drapes and or curtains or like I said behind and large peices of furniture also any drawers under any bedding or blankets. Please keep us posted. o you have an attic that has a door or any kind of cobbyholes check the wastpaper basket. Try whistleing to him which is how I found my Tiki a couple of times and my sweetie pie I couldn't find and he was sitting on top of the fridge nice as you please. Do you have ceiling fans or high woodwork? look up as well as down. ok I am out of ideas for now . He is probably hiding somewhere

julya

Nov 30, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Amazon
Have you looked under the beds? Ollie loves hiding under the bed.

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
Thanks Ill Keep Those In Mind And Keep Searching For him ill keep you posted

wwendy104

Dec 30, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
African Grey
Conure
Were your doors locked?? No chance anyone got in and took him is there?? You never know there is a fairly large market for them and so many scammers out there :( So sorry I hope you find him soon!

OP
monkey

monkey

Jul 18, 2012
England
Parrots
Bf Blue fronted Amazon
Thank You And No Sign Of Him yet Yes The Doors were locked

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I don't think birds move too much in the dark, so I don't think he went very far. He's probably more frightened than you are. Please keep us informed where he was when you found him.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Don't give up, and don't stop looking. I remember someone here who's bird disappeared, and was found 3 days later, inside their couch. He had climbed up into the upholstery! He was fine, just scared & hungry. Keep things as quiet as you can, and listen for peeps, etc. Remember, birds are prey in the wild, and are masters at hiding & staying still. I couldn't find a parrotlet that was hiding in plain sight, but, was so quiet & still, we overlooked him several times. Good luck, you'll find him.

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
I lost my Conure for a whole day i was freaking out I actually called everyone in the neighborhood I knew to help me find him I was in such a panic!! I finally hear him scared behind the Dryer check literally everywhere even if you thin there is no way in the world he could be there!! Im so sorry just try and calm down it will help you think more clearly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts