Hercules is constantly screaming

Libbi24

Aug 23, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello,

Hercules has gotten into the habit of constantly screaming. He used to scream in the morning when I gave him his breakfast and at night when he was ready for bed. But now it has started to become constant. Iā€™m a bit stuck on what to do, Iā€™ve tried treats, heā€™s fed a healthy diet, he recently went to the vets the day after I got him heā€™s perfectly healthy, I have tried music, changing his toys, he can leave or enter his cage whenever he wants to. But I have noticed he just spends most of the day in the cage, he will let himself out fly around for about five minutes and then put himself back in his cage. Iā€™m thinking possibly he might be getting bored in his cage but thereā€™s plenty of toys and foraging, and as Iā€™ve stated he can leave whenever he wants to.
Iā€™m just worried that my neighbours will start complaining as itā€™s not even happy chatter or playful whistling, it is a full ear piercing shriek! Iā€™m worried he might not be settling in and would prefer to live in a large aviary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 01B10E32-22F1-4678-AF94-0A9CF1F1ED53.jpeg
    01B10E32-22F1-4678-AF94-0A9CF1F1ED53.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 19

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Are you in the room with him when he screams? If not, he could be contact calling for you.

OP
Libbi24

Libbi24

Aug 23, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Are you in the room with him when he screams? If not, he could be contact calling for you.
Yes, he's in my living room/office so he is with me 24/7. I have noticed he likes whistling and that seems to be calming him down at the moment!

Most Reactions