he's being a dog again!

Hmm. Wendy, I saw your embedded player and replied... when the page re-loaded, the player was gone. Now all I see is the link. Very weird. There seems to be some intermittency going on :11:

I'm sorry Plax, didn't mean to take away from Salsa, I was just testing one of my vids. :(
It's OK, Wendy :). Please test away. I can see that you ARE able to embed. It seems it's only me :(

In order for me to successfully embed that video, I had to "share" it in YouTube first and make it public. I guess they have new guidelines there? :confused:
All of my videos have been set as 'unlisted'... they have always embedded. I think we need to confirm this theory. Your link is now showing without an embedded player. Whatever that means.

I guess you've just been going back and forth for testing ;)

If you've confirmed this with your tests (which I appreciate), it's still not going to do me much good because I prefer not to make my videos on YT publicly searchable :smile003:

Hmm. Wendy, I saw your embedded player and replied... when the page re-loaded, the player was gone. Now all I see is the link. Very weird. There seems to be some intermittency going on :11:

SUPER weird, especially because I can still see both embedded videos I experimented with. :confused:

SUPER weird, especially because I can still see both embedded videos I experimented with. :confused:
Yeah, as I said, I think I'm the only one - or one of the very few, anyway. Also, if my videos were set to 'private' no one except me would have been able to play them. I always use 'unlisted' for my bird videos. It had always worked fine and I was always able to embed until the forum software upgrade (whether coincidence or not, I can't say for certain). But whatever the case, something's not right if it's only me who's excluded.

I find it hard to believe with all your posts concerning this there hasn't been a comment by a Mod or Admin :confused:

Well I can't really add anything useful to the technical issues here but I do have to say that Salsa is ADORBS!!! I love how he tapped his beak on the bowl 3 times lol. Does he do that often?

On a side note: I don't mind clicking the video links, but I have noticed that everyone whose video link I have clicked on here always say that the video is unlisted and only those with the direct link can see it. Maybe YT changed something in their policies? Idk, but I wish it wouldn't discourage you from posting vids D:

I find it hard to believe with all your posts concerning this there hasn't been a comment by a Mod or Admin :confused:
Well there hasn't been yet, at least. And that could be for one of the following reasons: 1) they've been busy with other things; 2) they don't know why the issue is happening for me; 3) they don't care that it's happening; 4) they expect me to post the issue in the tech support forum - which I suppose I could always do; or 5) some combination of the above reasons *shrug*

ydeerod if you have a look through some old threads of Plax's, you can see the videos of Salsa tapping on the cage! its so cute :p and then he taps and says who's there? hehe

and yes i dont mind clicking links as well, i think people love seeing Salsa, so will click the link :)

Thanks for your thoughts, ydeeerod... And, yes, Salsa does the tapping thing all the time. His beak tapping is usually done prior to him saying one of the following: "who's there?", "RIGHT NOW!", "come'ere!", "don't do that!", or "too loud!". He'll also make a foot-fist and pound it on the perch and then yell one of those same statements afterwards.

HAHA! Omg, I have to go look for those videos right now! I can only imagine what joy he must be plax!! I know that even the goofy little sounds Atlas makes (he can't talk yet) thoroughly delight me lol.

HAHA! Omg, I have to go look for those videos right now! I can only imagine what joy he must be plax!! I know that even the goofy little sounds Atlas makes (he can't talk yet) thoroughly delight me lol.
Yes, Sals is a blast! But I really haven't been able to get all of the hilarious things he does and says on video. I've caught lots of them but far from all of them :15:

Like others have said, I think its the "unlisted" vids that only post a link and "public" ones that embed. Must be a change to YouTube. I have looked at other peoples posts and it looks like you are not the only one. I don't see a problem with clicking a link it say's YouTube on the end so we know it's a video.
I love birdy videos and pictures so I tend to click every link going. Please keep posting :)

Regarding the Video. That dog yap is hilarious.

Like others have said, I think its the "unlisted" vids that only post a link and "public" ones that embed. Must be a change to YouTube. I have looked at other peoples posts and it looks like you are not the only one. I don't see a problem with clicking a link it say's YouTube on the end so we know it's a video.
I love birdy videos and pictures so I tend to click every link going. Please keep posting :)
Actually, thanks to MonicaMc's astute observation, we now know that the vBulletin upgrade about one week ago seems to have reset the forum's YouTube host mask configuration to a default state. And that default state seems to be that the short YouTube URLs (e.g., http://youtu.be/<video id string>) are no longer detected as video link addresses. Whereas the long YouTube URLs (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<video id string>) are properly treated as video link addresses and thus will call the player applet when present within a message post. So the workaround is to use the long YouTube URLs when posting video links.

One remaining issue, though, is that every short YouTube video link that was posted prior to the forum upgrade now appears in its post as a dead text string. So, for example, if someone wished to watch videos that I've posted prior to said upgrade, and they accessed my past messages for the links, they would have to copy and paste every link URL they wished to view to their browser's address bar, since I had always used the short YouTube URLs. I'm hoping that the forum admin can correct this at some point - we shall see. In the meantime, however, I and others can at least get the videos to embed again by using the long URLs.

Regarding the Video. That dog yap is hilarious.
I'm glad you like it :D

(Edit: I forgot to mention that I will continue to post video links of my birds here)

Last edited:
Mine wont embed either.

Ohwell, if you wanna see Merlin being cute, you'll have to click the links. *shrugs*

Mine wont embed either.

Ohwell, if you wanna see Merlin being cute, you'll have to click the links. *shrugs*
As explained, just use the long URL format and it should embed for you.

For the record, I don't mind clicking on links. I actually sort of prefer viewing the videos in a different window.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back