Hey Everyone!

morgandenis

Oct 28, 2013
Parrots
Pearly Conure, Loki
Hey everybody, I'm Morgan, and I've had my pearly conure Loki for about 5 months now. The rest of our little zoo includes a dog, leopard gecko, corn snake, and lots of fish. I've had cockatiels as pets for most of my life, so have some experience with birds, but Loki has been quite the challenge, as he has a very strong personality and really lives up to his name (Norse god of mischief).

The most recent challenge I had with him was a three week span where he would aggressively attack my hands anytime he would see them. That is why I joined this site, because I knew I needed some more experienced bird owners opinions on how to deal with him. I received a ton of helpful advice on how to work with him until I found out what his beef was.

Today I accidently discovered what his problem was with my hands. I walked past his cage this morning on my way out the door, and he absolutely lost his mind with fear. I was wearing a purple toque he had never seen before, and that is what had scared him. I then realized that I have been wearing purple nailpolish since around the time he started his aggressive behavior...and sure enough, I removed the polish, and we have been best buddies again all day.
Through this whole ordeal I had thought Loki suddenly hated me, especially as he was an angel for my bf...turns out Loki hates the color purple!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum! Birds can be strange like that not liking certain things or colors....gotta love'em. ;)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Everyone's a fashion critic! :D You'd better parade any new purchases before you find out whether he'll let you wear them. Welcome to the forum. :)

Most Reactions