jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
turquoise green cheek conure
2 budgies
I'm new here :blue2:

i have a turquoise green cheek conure that i just got resently I love him to death but i am having a little bit of a problem he really likes to lick and clean my neck and he always tries to cuttle around my neck and face. it is very cute my problem is he ends up nipping kind of hard and he's kind of protective my me too.

does anyone have any idea what i can do to kind of try to stop this? or atleast get him to let up a bit my neck a bit it's getting raw? thanks again

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Hi love the sound of your new bird !
I am very new also so l will be tuning in to here what they advise u to do !
All l can think it is he wants all of your attention, what if u put him on his play station were he can have items to chew on other than u .
Then when u pick him up next he will be over his chewing and may be happy too just sit with u .. You can always were a turtle neck sweater . Ha Ha ...Sorry about that ..

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Looks like he is seeing you as his mate, he's protecting you against other 'competetors' etc. You need to change your behaviour to your bird, no back stroking, no sharing food from your mouth, so******e well with other people.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Please send us photos. These conures are so gorgeous. If you read in the technical forum you will find directions for doing this. Conures, as a group, love to be close to their chosen person. If he is biting you neck suggest you wear a scarf until he learns that is a no no. Have fun with him.

OP
jasongover

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
2 budgies
thank you for your reply to my message you have been very helpful as soon as i firgure out how to make my pictures smaller i'll be sure to post some. yea i love my little baby. since i posted he's pretty much stopped with the neck. i used the earthquake thing and the work no with a stern look it really helped

OP
jasongover

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
2 budgies
Looks like he is seeing you as his mate, he's protecting you against other 'competetors' etc. You need to change your behaviour to your bird, no back stroking, no sharing food from your mouth, so******e well with other people.

thank you for your reply since i posted it's pretty much stopped i used the earthquake/NO with a stern look and it really helped thanks again for your time

OP
jasongover

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
2 budgies
Please send us photos. These conures are so gorgeous. If you read in the technical forum you will find directions for doing this. Conures, as a group, love to be close to their chosen person. If he is biting you neck suggest you wear a scarf until he learns that is a no no. Have fun with him.

thank you for your reply i will be sure to post pictures as soon as i figure out how to make the pictures small enough having this forum really helps because at first i was thinking i may have bit off more then i could chew with my little baby

thanks again for your time

Most Reactions

Latest posts