Hit the toy JACKPOT today!!!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
If I were a parrot I would be letting out some whistles of joy right now with my boy. I hit the JACKPOT on parrot toys today!!!! The goodwill had a whole bag of toys for $4.99 and then the grocery store had all these fun easter-things. If I could go down a list of Kiwi's favorite types of toys, I have checked every box (and all for under $10, I might pass out from excitement here) :D

1 MEGA rattle, 4 rattles he does not have yet, 7 (YES 7!) of those balls/blocks with little things inside them he loves to nose around with his beak, 1 MEGA PURPLE GLITTER STICK, 3 soft and chewy plastic blocks, various plastic links, easter eggs, carrots and "jelly beans" (like eggs, only shaped like beans, not the actual candy) and 1 pink sparkly teapot to be made into a foraging toy:D:D:D:D

And like the universe was sending me a message- I found the CUTEST caterpillar-shaped wand thing that I can use as a target stick!

DSC_3579_zps72736ff2.jpg

I shall wash them up tonight and begin to assemble tomorrow:09:

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I was just telling girl I work for we need to go thrifting one day... Victoria hates the thrift stores, and its always more fun to go with company!!

You did hit jackpot, couple times :) lucky kiwi!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Boy you must have had fun today!....well done, and a great find!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
You are good at picking things out !! :) [I get paranoid and overthink them ]

kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots
*Verde Birdy gcc 20.12.13-15.03.14 RIP sweet girl *

* Frootie - cinnamon gcc 26.01.14 *
* Pinky - Galah - early 1980's *
What a good haul!!

I'm VERY VERY good at buying birdy toys ad bits...but lack imagination for the actual making side of things!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, what a great haul! Kiwi is going to be so excited:) I need to start looking at thrift stores.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I was just telling girl I work for we need to go thrifting one day... Victoria hates the thrift stores, and its always more fun to go with company!!

You did hit jackpot, couple times :) lucky kiwi!!

Oooh, if I lived closer, I would go to the thrift store with you:)! I love thrift stores and I'm probably Victorias age (and you can let her know, when we lived in the same area, I would go with MY mom to the thrift stores ;)). Anyways, with as many birds as you have, you definitely have to get into giving them baby toys. They are basically just like a feathered baby developmentally, so all the bright colors and beads and rattly things make them very intrigued. Kiwi doesn't even play with "parrot toys" anymore, but hand him a rattle and he's a happy camper. Plus, you can't beat a quarter or a buck for a toy that will last several years, compared to a $30 toy that will be shredded at the bottom of the cage in 3 days.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
They probably last longer too !

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
You are good at picking things out !! :) [I get paranoid and overthink them ]

With the size of flock you have, even if 5 birds hated the toy, you'd still have twice as many who loved it:D No need to overthink it:cool:

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh my gosh I love those!!!! That is so perfect!!! :D I wonder what Lilo would think of toys like that.... hmmmm :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Oh my gosh I love those!!!! That is so perfect!!! :D I wonder what Lilo would think of toys like that.... hmmmm :)

Birds are basically feathered toddlers, so probably they would go over well :09:

Kiwi has a major thing for rattles. He has them in all shapes, colors and sizes (No joke, actual infants do not have as many rattles as our parrot does:eek:). They are easy for him to hold in his foot, and most are light enough he can just sit there and play with it (which he will, for hours). The best part is, when we are on the couch or something, I can hand him a rattle (or 3), he will be happy, occupied and playing and afterwards there isn't a pile of splinters and wood shavings to deal with from his being occupied and playing;) He also likes those balls and blocks that are clear plastic and have little doodads in them. He can't pick them up, but he will go after them furiously and pouch them around all over trying to get the little things out. So cute! Nice, clean toys baby toys are. Cheap too if you buy em' used.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
His royal featherbutt says "get to making those toys mommy" lololol

804c2b54-514b-4f8f-8097-44bc671428f3_zps8a1b8946.jpg

Will post pics of the finished toys later :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
And here I thought you were the big lottery winner...

400 million dollahz... tens and twenties... I wanna count it.

Most Reactions