HollytheEclectus

HollytheEclectus

Dec 4, 2015
Hello,
This is my first time here and am doing so out of complete frustration. I have a female Eclectus - Hollyberry that has turned into a complete brat. She will be 4 in April. She has decided that she likes ONLY our son-in-law and tolerates me because I care for her and talk to her. She totally dislikes my husband and he totally dislikes her. She will attack him whenever she can. She is out of her cage all day except when we are gone. She eats fresh vegies, mango, sweet potatoes, grapes etc. and some seeds from Eclectus birdseed mix. I have tried clicker training. Rewarding with food. Doesn't work. Feathers are almost all gone - will not post picture at this time. I love her but really need to correct her nasty, biting behavior. I also have to Greys that are 20 and 15. They are fine and talk and talk and talk. PLEASE ask questions and give me advice. PLEASE. Thank you, Jan

Last edited:
Hello Jan, and welcome to Parrot Forum! Hollyberry, eh? As a man who LOVES him some Halle Berry, I heartily approve of the name choice!

I have a few questions for you, Jan. How long have you had Hollyberry? How long has she been showing this behavior? Does she try to attack your husband when either you or your son-in-law aren't around? How long has she been plucking? Any big changes to environment, lately? Is her aggressiveness heightened around the vicinity of her cage? When you say she tolerates you, what form does that take? What can you do with her? Does she bite you, too? And does she draw blood? How much interaction time does she get, daily?

Okay, that was more than a few questions. Haha! But the answers might help us to get to the root of the issue.

Hello Jan, and welcome to the sandbox! I can't help you but want o offer my support and sympathies for the frustration you're going through. Heed the advice you receive here, as you're in wonderful hands.

Good luck to you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back