Homemade Birdy Muffins (Video included)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
My girlfriend made homemade birdy muffins for Guava. Before we even had the chance to give her some, she decided to start eating the scraps from the baking dish. Needless to say, the recipe was a success.

Recipe:
About 1 cup of leftover pellet crumbs/dust
2 eggs (with crushed up shells included)
about 1/2 cup of carrot (shredded)
1/4 cup of bok choy (also shredded)
about 5 broccoli heads
about a table spoon of honey (make sure it is pure honey with no preservatives, etc)
1/2 of apple shredded
a few sprinkles of cinnamon
dash of milk for moisture

Everything was shredded and mixed using a food processor and placed into oven to bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Feel free to freeze for later use. She seems to prefer it hard and crispy. So using a toaster oven/oven to heat it up before serving seems to work better than microwaving.

Here's the video:

[ame="http://youtu.be/NGuJytoJ9_8?hd=1"]Green cheek conure licking plate clean - YouTube[/ame]

20120311_141435.jpg

Last edited:
OP
lexx510

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Thanks. I forgot to mention that she seems to prefer it hard and crispy. So using a toaster oven/oven to heat it up before serving seems to work better than microwaving.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
I think I too will try this. Seams easy enough for a single bachelor who is challenged in the kitchen!! Thanks!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Very nice! When I made bird muffins before, I would make large batches and freeze them. I also didn't jot anything down or follow a recipe :eek:

Glad Guava liked them! I've never made any for Loki, I keep meaning to and forget. Thanks for the reminder!

OP
lexx510

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Very nice! When I made bird muffins before, I would make large batches and freeze them. I also didn't jot anything down or follow a recipe :eek:

Glad Guava liked them! I've never made any for Loki, I keep meaning to and forget. Thanks for the reminder!

You're welcome, lol. We also made a large batch and froze them.

Most Reactions