How big of a cage?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Theresa, a cage for a CAG should be at least 2 feet deep by 3 feet wide by 4 feet high (61 X 91 X 122 cm). Personally, I think bigger is always better when considering a parrot's personal space. They are highly intelligent and need lots of space for a variety of toys to keep them busy. A CAG will need a sturdy cage with safety locks on all doors including food doors.

kodimerlyn

Apr 17, 2015
I think this depends upon the grey myself and how much time they will be spending outside of their cage. Bigger IS always better, but some of us are limited for space. My grey's cage is not to the dimensions described above, although still a good size...but Cricket also spends a lot of time outside of her cage and on her play stand in the evenings and weekends. During the day she has plenty of toys to stimulate her and a foraging wheel, but during the evening she is rarely confined. She is not a chewer and the only reason I confine her when I am not home is for her own safety. She does like to wander around a lot and is not afraid to explore if I am not at home (ask me how I know this!) so to protect her from herself (and any exposed electrical wiring!) I keep her confined when I am at work.

This is her cage when I first got it, absent of toys still:

kodimerlyn-albums-cricket-picture14498-crickets-new-cage.jpg

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mine is in a 40 x 30 macaw sized playtop.

Most Reactions

Latest posts