how to attach pots on bird trea

tania

Jan 23, 2014
Media
Albums
pakistan
Parrots
2 ringnecks
i`ve made a bird tree by my one and i just want to know how to attach some pots for birds treats on it i am confuse i used glue but i did`nt work i dont know how to fix it help me plzzzzz and thanks if u comment below

Tania,

I don't know about where you are but in South Africa you get some metal food containers that's places in a ring that screws into the cage itself. My suggestion would be that if you can find such a ring with the right dimensions simply nailing it into the tree might work.

Wessel, Tania is in Pakistan ;)

Tania, can you post a pic of the pot you want to use? And the tree? Then we can formulate a plan ;)

Please don't use things like glue around your fid unless you're SURE it is safe for them.

At one of the local bird shops they use a long screw and screw it into the wood leaving the length out, then they use a bowl that clamps onto a cage and clamp it on the screw. I'll attach a pic of the bowl style.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 90
At one of the local bird shops they use a long screw and screw it into the wood leaving the length out, then they use a bowl that clamps onto a cage and clamp it on the screw. I'll attach a pic of the bowl style.

I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure those are hard to come by in Pakistan...

I am guessing you are going to have to drill a small hole in the bottom and use a screw to put the food cup in.

Water is going to be more problematic because it would leak if you did that, but I am guessing you can attach the water cup to the treat cup at the top somehow.

Do you have access to zip ties?!

Drugs are bad. You should stay away from pots.

The link to the photo didn't work, but I think the suggestion of looking at some of the dishes with screws in them might work. If you find one with screws through the bottom, you can just drill holes through whatever perch you want them on, and have them relatively easy in/out for cleaning/filling. Just another idea, but if the base is large enough, you could just put free-standing dishes (little ramekins or sauce dishes work well and can be found at thrift stores cheap) at the bottom out of the line of poop from above. Kiwi's tree has dishes built in near the top, but we also have some little bowls on the base we use more often, just to get him moving around and "working" for his snacks. He will crawl down to the bottom, grab something, and climb all the way back to the top. It's good exercise :)

I DIDNT UNDER STAND WHAT ARE U EXACTLY TALKIN CAN U WRITE IT IN OTHER (simple) words please

You could use something like this attached to a branch- Parrot Pet Bird Cage Two Ceramic Food Water Bowl 24oz | eBay

If trying to attach one doesn't work, just put little dishes at the bottom of the stand positioned so he can't poop in it. See that little rectangular green dish on the bottom of Kiwi's stand (towards the front)? Even though his stand has food/water cups built in, we put that one down there so he has to run up and down his perch to get fruit and treats (like a foraging thing). :green:

Last edited:
you are awsome thanx for comment and gave ur precious suggestion

You could use something like this attached to a branch- Parrot Pet Bird Cage Two Ceramic Food Water Bowl 24oz | eBay

If trying to attach one doesn't work, just put little dishes at the bottom of the stand positioned so he can't poop in it. See that little rectangular green dish on the bottom of Kiwi's stand (towards the front)? Even though his stand has food/water cups built in, we put that one down there so he has to run up and down his perch to get fruit and treats (like a foraging thing). :green:
just onemore little thing my tree doesnt have any board at end it straight goes to floor

Last edited:
Tania, do you have access to PVC (plastic pipe) in Pakistan? Also, do you have a drill?

yea i`ve attach that pipe as a straight large stick that goes staight at floor i dont have such but i can effort sooo?

If you can get an end cap of PVC pipe, you can drill a hole in the bottom, and put a screw through it. A screw long enough to go straight down through a branch. I will try and post a photo tomorrow. I can actually make one, and send it to you in the mail.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back