How to travel from UK to Europe?!!!

kinnetikz

Jul 15, 2022
London, England
Parrots
African Grey (hatched March 2022)
Hello,

I have Aspergerā€™s Syndrome ā€“ apologies in advance if I offend anyone.

Iā€™m in a bit of a trance in life. Iā€™m 26, live in the UK and have been unemployed for over a year now. I really want to experience something new in life and I thought studying abroad in Germany (where university is free) would be incredibly rewarding. Iā€™ve visited Germany numerous times and adore the country.

However, Iā€™m having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to find a way to bring my African Grey Parrot with me ā€“ even just theoretically!

Iā€™m sorry to say this, but Iā€™m absolutely sick and tired of looking at airlines, ferries and any other means of transport who only accept disgusting slobbering mutts or vermin feline cats. Itā€™s as if ā€“ to them ā€“ the word ā€œpetā€ only defines a dog or cat, simply because most brainless people around the world think a pet IS a bloody dog or cat!! Dogs and cats are 20x bigger, smellier and more slobbery ā€“ why on earth is it easier to bring THEM abroad than it is a superior, generally more-intelligent pet bird?

Iā€™ve finally discovered that the airline Vueling are pet friendly and donā€™t just define pets as ā€œdogs and catsā€, but also accept birds ā€“ even in cabin! To my disappointment, they exclude the UK from bringing pets to Europe. Man I hate Brexit! So my only workaround is to somehow bring my African Grey to Dublin (Ireland) then fly to Germany from there, but even THAT is a nightmare as ferries and airlines from the UK to Dublin only accept ā€“ you guessed it ā€“ mutts and felines! (and weirdly enough, ferrets).

So I ask you, in absolute desperation, how on earth does anyone bring their parrot to either Germany OR Dublin from the UK? Iā€™m aware pet transport services exist but:
1) Iā€™m terrified of using one and them loosing or even killing my parrot during transit
2) I donā€™t want to pay Ā£5,000 for a severely overpriced man-with-a-van to transport my parrot when I could do it myself for just Ā£100 from Dublin to Germany (I just need help figuring out the UK to Dublin part).

Iā€™m of course aware I canā€™t just bring my Grey to Germany ā€“ paperwork needs to be done. At the moment, I donā€™t see the point researching what paperwork needs to be done if I canā€™t even travel with my Grey in the first place.

Thank you massively to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

Most Reactions

Latest posts