I am footless!!!!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
voet002.jpg

OMG what a weekend! I was busy in the herb garden all the time, I had to take out the winter ones and plant fresh. Now this does not sound like a lot of work until I lifted the first brick inside River's cage and found slugs! Hundreds and I mean hundreds of slugs are all over my herb garden, under the bricks, under rocks, next to the sides and even under the plants. I have a problem each and every summer, downy mildew, rust, Aphids, thrips etc. and I can only use organic spray that I make myself because my kids are always outside. I killed every slug that I saw - cut them up in pieces with my snoei sker! (scissors)
160.gif

Then at about 2 I could finally start planting and walked to the storeroom to get compost. I turned and spoke to Sterretjie and the next moment I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!!!
tantrumsmiley.gif
Ice cold water, denim, tekkies and shirt drenched. I screamed but Craig was nowhere to be found. I stayed in the pool for sometime cause my ankle was VERY MUCH EINA and I also scrapped my elbow.
sad30.gif
In between the pain I laughed at myself - DUUU stupid blond walking backwards into the bloody pool! What a battle to lift a wet denim and tekkies out of the pool OMG. Sterretjie was almost hanging upside down on her cage to see what the HELL I was doing. When I recovered from the shock I got myself pulled out and stripped off the wet clothes. Kaalgat (bud naked) sommer right there in the garden! I threw a dress over my head and finished off the part of the garden that I was busy with.

When I saw Craig in the distance I asked him if he did not hear me scream cause I fell in the pool.
flat.gif
His comment on that was: " Oh you look nice in that dress, you havent warn it in a long time" :eek:

After my shower at about 7 I felt sharp pains rushing through my foot - so much so that I could not even step on it and my husband does not even care!
tissue.gif
Luckily I have all the supplies and fixed my foot up and laid down on the bed. Here Mr. Manuel walks in and asks what is wrong with my foot? "HALO I fell in the pool and you did not even ask if I was ok!" This was the first he heard of it and started kissing better and what not - 6 HOURS AFTER IT HAPPENED!

So today my foot is bandaged but it feels much better.

MEN, JY WEET! ONLY SEE THE BLOODY DRESS, when their eyes work their ears shutdown!
snapoutofit.gif

We are having a lekker laugh here at work, at me only having eyes for my parrot and Craig's listening problem.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Linky only you my friend !!!!
Hope your ankle is feeling better now. Wonder what Sterretjie though of the entire episode. Mommy is there one minute the next slooshshshshshshshhsh
That water is freezing cold, OMG, and as for Craig, I will have to sought him out
Thanks for sharing I needed a real good laugh

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
It seems Ant, that only the South Africans see the humor in this?:rolleyes: Maybe it is because I stripped naked in the garden.

Just to assure you, we have 8 foot walls with electric fencing on top, so if anybody wanted to peak then they needed a ladder and would have received a heck of shock long before they laid eyes on me.

Last edited:

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Rofl I can just totally picture this in my mind partly because I did something almost as stupid today
here I am spraying my birds down and after already partaking in s long hot walk with the dogs I went to sit down completly missed the chair smashed my back against it and hurt my tail bone on the concrete below
ahhh god I would hate to imagine just what our birds are thinking at these points in time and glad they dong have the vocabs to repeat the story to everyone
although I can totally see them all sitting in the trees laughing with each other about the silly lady that fell in the pool
hope your doing better now and your foot heals soon

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Wildheart.... I hope you are doing better... just keep off of the foot and use plenty of ice..

I bet Sterretjie was wondering what the heck you were doing.

Mike

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Footless is much better today Mike, AND I CAN PROVE IT
I delivered an order at Linky's work this morning, AND Linky chased me around her office. Never put anything past this mad woman !!!!!

Talking about

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
OMG I couldn't help but break out in a hearty laugh on reading this thread because it sounds like the same sort of thing that would happen to me (if indeed I had a pool) and my other half also has selective hearing - and memory. However there is a serious side to this and I really hope there is no serious injury, it could have been a lot worse especially had you knocked your head.

Are you all this mad in SA???

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Are you all this mad in SA???

Madness is the only survival tool we have.
35at179.gif

Luckily there was no serious injuries, just my ego got bruised a bit.
251.gif

But, oh dear, it was the most that I have ever laughed at myself and Sterretjie almost fell of her cage to see better.:D

Last edited:

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Hysterical Jessica. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. My husband also can be dense on such things

Most Reactions

Latest posts