I Can Hardly Believe It...But Thank You.

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
I have been following a couple threads that I can hardly believe. I always viewed this forum as a safe haven where everyone can express their opinions equally. Today is a sad day for me from certain threads I have followed.

I just want to say a personal thank you to all the admins and moderators here as well as to the fellow members who keep this forum full of information, appreciation and respect.:orange::60:

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Amen to that Beilana and I couldn't agree more, thanks to AD, SB and Antoinette, and to all the members that contribute and make this the great forum that it is :)

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
With so many personalities floating about we are bound to rub each other the wrong way from time to time.

I am naturally a smart***, though I prefer the term witty :eek:) I do tone that down quite a bit on the forums both because tone is often lost in written text and because I do think a level of professionalism is needed in admins/moderators.

Occasionally I may not tone it down quite enough - and I don't mind being told as much. But there are good and bad ways to make such corrections.

As I've stated elsewhere, my goal here is to give as much freedom as practical and allow people to express themselves in their own way.

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
AD I couldn't agree with you more. If leaving a witty comment is wrong then where's the fun in that! I have actually enjoyed reading your comments for a good chuckle from time to time :)

DustyDusky

Jan 7, 2010
Media
New York
Parrots
Dusty: Dusky Conure
All in all, if anyone has a problem with what anyone else on the forum has said, a private message is the best way to approach the matter. Why drag people in who dont need to be?

I absolutely love this forum! It is the friendliest forum i have seen in a while. I love that we all work so hard to keep it this way. Thank you Admin and Mods and of course all the other members of this fine community!

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
DustyDusky, I agree that a PM is the best way to go about things if there is ever a problem :)
This forum has helped me so much even after losing Hiroshi it has given me the hope and courage to adopt another feathered friend. :)

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
I have to apologize. I admit I did get carried away with fighting and that was wrong of me to do. Especially on a public forum where everybody reads it. I hope everyone can accept my apology and hopefully it won't happen again.

Overall, I love this forum. Great people and lots of good info.

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Ap, no need to apologize! You only voiced your opinion and in a polite way I believe. Everyone is entitled to that :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Amen to that Beilana and I couldn't agree more, thanks to AD, SB and Antoinette, and to all the members that contribute and make this the great forum that it is :)

Amen to you to Bobby, at times you have calmed my "bird brain"
and that takes courage

11_6_103.gif

Last edited:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
What on earth is going on?
127fs4573872.gif
I was gone for a couple of days and now every thread I click on is FULL of people lessons and apologies and gratitude. It almost feel as if we have lost something and I am suppose to be crying or something?

It seems like the BUTTON was used again?
m195.png

Can we all go back to smiling again please, I am starting to feel depressed and I dont even know what it is about?
hanghead.gif

Where is Fred and Mishka, we need a Fred and Mishka video!
n7.gif

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Lol....I have no idea what anyone is talking about - beside the important fact that we have awesome loving people who mod and run the forum :)...Ant, you mention your bird brain moments but I must leave my brain somewhere - hahaha...

Apatrimo - when Hugo died you were so kind to me and your post was never forgotten - I had never had the pleasure of chatting to you on the forum till that point and I never forgot your kind words....:)

I have also giggled over AD's witty comments and sought SB and Ant's advice when I thought that I was a lil harsh or out of line.....they were always kind and guided me.

Love this forum!!!!! :) :)

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
We've all gone mushy in your absence, Jessica. Get us back on track!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
What on earth is going on?
127fs4573872.gif
I was gone for a couple of days and now every thread I click on is FULL of people lessons and apologies and gratitude. It almost feel as if we have lost something and I am suppose to be crying or something?

It seems like the BUTTON was used again?
m195.png

Can we all go back to smiling again please, I am starting to feel depressed and I dont even know what it is about?
hanghead.gif

Where is Fred and Mishka, we need a Fred and Mishka video!
n7.gif

An old Mishka video now in "Our Birds Talking :p

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hey Barbara....lol...lol...lol!

What is ths world coming to?? ;)

Most Reactions