I can't respond to DMs

CrowSalad58

Apr 18, 2023
UK
Parrots
Cockatiel - Smoke
Since I'm new here, I got a Dm to welcome me to the forum and ask me a question. BUT it wouldn't let me respond. I kept getting an error message that was saying that my message had inappropriate words or it was spam. Is there any way to fix this?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'll send you another PM so you can give it another try. I did have to approve your reply to my profile post, but PMs to mods shouldn't be an issue. If it is, we'll contact our admin to investigate further. :)

slysionnach

May 13, 2023
Long Island, NY
Parrots
Codon (Sun Conure), Amino (Sun Conure), and "Grandmother" of Zsa Zsa (Budgie)
Hello! Hate to bounce off of this thread, but I also have the same problem. I get a pop up saying that my content is spam-like or offensive - even a "thank you"!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hello! Hate to bounce off of this thread, but I also have the same problem. I get a pop up saying that my content is spam-like or offensive - even a "thank you"!
You won't be able to use the PM system until you have made at least 10 posts on the forum. This is a system thing that helps keep spammers who register from sending bulk spam messages to our members. Aside from that, the spam setting on the forum software are cranked up in response to a recent group of very relentless spammers. Now that I have approved your post, you should be all set with posting going forward. Hope that helps :)

slysionnach

May 13, 2023
Long Island, NY
Parrots
Codon (Sun Conure), Amino (Sun Conure), and "Grandmother" of Zsa Zsa (Budgie)
You won't be able to use the PM system until you have made at least 10 posts on the forum. This is a system thing that helps keep spammers who register from sending bulk spam messages to our members. Aside from that, the spam setting on the forum software are cranked up in response to a recent group of very relentless spammers. Now that I have approved your post, you should be all set with posting going forward. Hope that helps :)
Thank you! It definitely does and rule makes total sense. I was trying to respond to a moderator so I thought something was borked on my end. Thanks for your patience :)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
No worries, we're here to help. I'm still a little confused myself about the PMs though. While you can't PM regular members, it shouldn't be an issue with the mods. I'll check with our admin and see if there's a setting that's been changed.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
I'll send you another PM so you can give it another try. I did have to approve your reply to my profile post, but PMs to mods shouldn't be an issue. If it is, we'll contact our admin to investigate further. :)

Can you PM me the welcome PM you send out? :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts