I hate wasps

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
We have been bringing taco and tiki come in tiki's cage in the mornings to enjoy the sun on the patio lately. The last two days this has been cut short because of wasps! Both yesterday and today one flew into the cage and we were so worry that it was going to sting our babies! Stupid wasps! I am trying again in a smaller cage and only brining them out one at a time In the small portable cage so I can quickly grab and run if wasps brother them again! But it bums me out because we can't all enjoy the weather together. Yesterday when the wasp was in tiki's cage (taco and tiki were both in same cage outside), they were a little freaked out. Today, tiki hid in his snuggle hut, which I was glad because I thought he would try to peck at it.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Ditto, that! I stepped on one the other day and it stung me twice in the arch of my foot. My fault for going for the mail barefooted, but still. I haven't been putting my birds out in the aviary because of the extreme heat, but I would worry about that. I've actually never heard of a wasp stinging a parrot but I would think it would be possible on their feet or facial bare spots. The wasps here are after ANY moisture at all. Maybe they are attracted to the water dish in his cage.

OP
TacoNTiki

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
Ah ha, water dish, yes. I thought maybe the food (which is right beside the water dish). We didnt stay out long.

Most Reactions

Latest posts