I think I just saved Rico from a horrible death.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
So, yesterday I saw they were fixing up the road with tar and I kept it in mind. Today, Rico and I were outside and I thought I heard the engine of the tar truck in the distance so, we ran inside and I closed and locked the window, almost as if the bubonic plague was coming. And I kid you not, 5 minutes later the tar truck is IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE. The fumes from whatever they were using on the road and the tar AND the blown around dust could have EASILY killed Rico and potentially caused me a lot of physical pain. (I have sensitive lungs and large amounts of dust can cause me to cough so much and so badly that I can barely breathe) so PLEASE always note stuff like this and prepare for it, because you could lose your bird or flock to this stuff. Rico is fine but knowing that if I hadnā€™t heard it, and I left the window open or was outside longer, and he would have died, really makes me feel incredibly lucky. Be weary of everything everyone.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So, yesterday I saw they were fixing up the road with tar and I kept it in mind. Today, Rico and I were outside and I thought I heard the engine of the tar truck in the distance so, we ran inside and I closed and locked the window, almost as if the bubonic plague was coming. And I kid you not, 5 minutes later the tar truck is IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE. The fumes from whatever they were using on the road and the tar AND the blown around dust could have EASILY killed Rico and potentially caused me a lot of physical pain. (I have sensitive lungs and large amounts of dust can cause me to cough so much and so badly that I can barely breathe) so PLEASE always note stuff like this and prepare for it, because you could lose your bird or flock to this stuff. Rico is fine but knowing that if I hadnā€™t heard it, and I left the window open or was outside longer, and he would have died, really makes me feel incredibly lucky. Be weary of everything everyone.
One benefit to living on a three mile long dirt road!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I say dirt roads like ours keep out the riff-raff (or keep it in! šŸ˜‰)
Dirt roads have their positives and negatives, like all things, and it creates a balance in a way. I personally donā€™t like dirt roads just because they are a nightmare to ride/drive on, they get muddy, and running on them is a pain. Buuut, you donā€™t have to deal with potholes, tarring/re-paving the road, they have a nice nostalgic feel, and the maintenance is fairly low!

Most Reactions

Latest posts