I want to get a budgie, is this a good idea?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oopsies, accidental deception 🤠

8/10 though people think I’m not a teen so… sorry! Haha
Are you homeschooled? I know how private you are about your location due to your ex, etc, but I was wondering if you had pressure to get good grades from your peers at school too.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Are you homeschooled? I know how private you are about your location due to your ex, etc, but I was wondering if you had pressure to get good grades from your peers at school too.
Yeah I’m homeschooled. I did go to public school up until 2021. My program is easy enough but the exams tend to be a little finicky. I don’t really have any peers who pressure me because there are none 👁️👄👁️ literally.

I don’t have any friends in person because I’m never really able to socialize with people my age since I’m either watched like a hawk or just can’t get out anywhere. So I pretty much gave up on trying to make friends. no point if I can’t be myself, right?

I had friends but either my or their parents didn’t like someone. My best friend who was relatively open about in the LGBTQ community was declared a bad influence by my parents. You can probably guess why. I want to just gaslight myself into thinking it’s because they thought I’d “catch the gay” but it’s the one thing I can’t gaslight myself into believing.

my first ever best friend though, it was the other way around and way more stupid. Her mother saw a meme about diary of a wimpy kid with a gun in it (o no how scary, a poorly photoshopped gun in Greg heffleys hand ahhh!!!) And it said “when Greg has had enough 😂👌💯🔥” and it was very OBVIOUSLY satire and a joke. she took that as me going to go pew pew in a school iykwim. So, she cut her off from me and I never saw or heard from her again. Soooo yeah, screw my life ig!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yeah I’m homeschooled. I did go to public school up until 2021. My program is easy enough but the exams tend to be a little finicky. I don’t really have any peers who pressure me because there are none 👁️👄👁️ literally.

I don’t have any friends in person because I’m never really able to socialize with people my age since I’m either watched like a hawk or just can’t get out anywhere. So I pretty much gave up on trying to make friends. no point if I can’t be myself, right?

I had friends but either my or their parents didn’t like someone. My best friend who was relatively open about in the LGBTQ community was declared a bad influence by my parents. You can probably guess why. I want to just gaslight myself into thinking it’s because they thought I’d “catch the gay” but it’s the one thing I can’t gaslight myself into believing.

my first ever best friend though, it was the other way around and way more stupid. Her mother saw a meme about diary of a wimpy kid with a gun in it (o no how scary, a poorly photoshopped gun in Greg heffleys hand ahhh!!!) And it said “when Greg has had enough 😂👌💯🔥” and it was very OBVIOUSLY satire and a joke. she took that as me going to go pew pew in a school iykwim. So, she cut her off from me and I never saw or heard from her again. Soooo yeah, screw my life ig!
There is an end in sight to your oppressed life. Your parents can't control you forever. You will have in-person friends when you are finally3è6 able to spread your wings and fly!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
There is an end in sight to your oppressed life. Your parents can't control you forever. You will have in-person friends when you are finally3è6 able to spread your wings and fly!
Yeah, I can already see, smell, and taste my freedom. As soon as I can, I’m outta here 🏃‍♀️

I can not WAIT to be out of the control of my parents and I can just get outta here. I’ll get away from the mega-political flags and the cult-like behavior of my parents that embarrass me so much. And I can express myself proudly without having to deal with them tearing me down.

As for in person friends? I will certainly reunite with my two best friends if possible. and if I can, then they’re all I need.

I can’t wait to get out of here. I am a little nervous that I might do something incredibly stupid and die (like slipping on tp and breaking my neck) and waste 18 or so of my years of existence. But that’s unlikely. I’ll be able to spread my wings and fly like a cockatiel or budgie with the zoomies away from here.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yeah, I can already see, smell, and taste my freedom. As soon as I can, I’m outta here 🏃‍♀️

I can not WAIT to be out of the control of my parents and I can just get outta here. I’ll get away from the mega-political flags and the cult-like behavior of my parents that embarrass me so much. And I can express myself proudly without having to deal with them tearing me down.

As for in person friends? I will certainly reunite with my two best friends if possible. and if I can, then they’re all I need.

I can’t wait to get out of here. I am a little nervous that I might do something incredibly stupid and die (like slipping on tp and breaking my neck) and waste 18 or so of my years of existence. But that’s unlikely. I’ll be able to spread my wings and fly like a cockatiel or budgie with the zoomies away from here.
Whatever you do, just don't go to Florida.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I AM ABSOLUTELY EXCITED!!! I HONESTLY DIDNT EXPECT TO PASS BUT I DID!!!!! I CANT WAIT!
Didn't you hear the rumor going around on a game thread (tell an outrageous lie . . .) that you are not really a teenager- you're actually a 98 year old nursing home resident who plays with a stuffed toy cockatiel named Rico! 😉

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Didn't you hear the rumor going around on a game thread (tell an outrageous lie . . .) that you are not really a teenager- you're actually a 98 year old nursing home resident who plays with a stuffed toy cockatiel named Rico! 😉
Wha- huh?! That’s quite funny! Is it the way I type that says grandma? But it is quite funny that someone said Rico is a stuffie considering I have 3 stuffed birds (2 parrots and a flamingo) and one is a tiel!
DC8A3436-CBF2-473A-9BF9-40477C098C63.jpeg
E6DFE5BF-48FE-4E42-ADB7-9696951A170F.jpeg
554E37A6-8272-4A26-8166-FC846306F569.jpeg

I have like 4 other stuffies though and I had a 5th but I have no clue where it went. I lost him to the void 😕

Also, is it weird I named all 8 of them?

The cockatiel is named eggbutt
The macaw is named gumball due to her zipper charm
F67E0718-E6CF-46B4-9488-F6B2C9FA160B.jpeg

My flamingo’s name on her tag is Gilda but I don’t like that name so I just call her like 3 different names (legs, scabs, and rat)
and the other four have god awful names lmao and my lost one’s name is even worse!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Wha- huh?! That’s quite funny! Is it the way I type that says grandma? But it is quite funny that someone said Rico is a stuffie considering I have 3 stuffed birds (2 parrots and a flamingo) and one is a tiel!View attachment 50787View attachment 50788View attachment 50789

I have like 4 other stuffies though and I had a 5th but I have no clue where it went. I lost him to the void 😕

Also, is it weird I named all 8 of them?

The cockatiel is named eggbutt
The macaw is named gumball due to her zipper charm View attachment 50791
My flamingo’s name on her tag is Gilda but I don’t like that name so I just call her like 3 different names (legs, scabs, and rat)
and the other four have god awful names lmao and my lost one’s name is even worse!
You need to look at the "game room" forum game that asks a member to make up an outrageous lie about another member just for fun. It started many years ago but a few of us made some new recent posts. I made up a lie about you being a 98 year old nursing home resident. They're really funny. You can make one up about someone. The crazier the better.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
You need to look at the "game room" forum game that asks a member to make up an outrageous lie about another member just for fun. It started many years ago but a few of us made some new recent posts. I made up a lie about you being a 98 year old nursing home resident. They're really funny. You can make one up about someone. The crazier the better.
I love your stuffies! I collect small stuffed birds too. I have a bald eagle, a loon, a cardinal, a bluebird, a goldfinch, and a turtle (I know- not a bird). When Rocky was a blind naked baby all alone in her incubator I wanted her to feel secure so I put the little stuffed goldfinch (Goldie) and the bluebird (Mama Bluebird) in the incubator with her to cuddle with. She literally grew up with them, and even at six months old now, Rocky's stuffies are still in her cage. She mostly perches on their heads now. After she had fully opened her eyes and learned to walk at about ten days, after I fed her and washed her face and bum she would run over to her stuffies and tuck herself in-between them or rest her head on them and fall asleep. This
IMG_20221129_213452293.jpg
This is Rocky and Goldie at about three weeks old with a tummy full of formula.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh my god I am amazing at writing the craziest most nonsensical things! I am so heading there in a sec!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I love your stuffies! I collect small stuffed birds too. I have a bald eagle, a loon, a cardinal, a bluebird, a goldfinch, and a turtle (I know- not a bird). When Rocky was a blind naked baby all alone in her incubator I wanted her to feel secure so I put the little stuffed goldfinch (Goldie) and the bluebird (Mama Bluebird) in the incubator with her to cuddle with. She literally grew up with them, and even at six months old now, Rocky's stuffies are still in her cage. She mostly perches on their heads now. After she had fully opened her eyes and learned to walk at about ten days, after I fed her and washed her face and bum she would run over to her stuffies and tuck herself in-between them or rest her head on them and fall asleep. This View attachment 50792This is Rocky and Goldie at about three weeks old with a tummy full of formula.
Oh my god that is ADORABLE!!! I never knew birds could adore stuffies as well!

3F9E9F71-D02B-4FB6-B961-DA6FFCD7CC1E.jpeg
B7310212-F01B-412D-A7FB-20FE3A92B645.jpeg

This is ballpitsh** the fox 🥰 this one is the non-avian favorite

990FDD8E-85D6-4C73-A321-7DCD19284AB7.jpeg

This is the original Spiney the spinosaurus 🥶💯💯 he looks like ✨moldy cheese✨ 😍💅

BE1F3E06-4CD7-4837-8E9F-08909CD29D8A.jpeg

This is Death Metal McDonald’s the tiger 🤪

C4BA0B44-08BD-4059-8446-D51BBD8E65CF.jpeg

This is Big Bwah aka Tubby 👹 he has crooked eyes and is a fantastic projectile ☺️ very throwable 🤠

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I FINISHED LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS! I did spend 5 hours straight watching videos, doing tests, and doing long special assignments (essays and such) and I got an A+! I have officially sealed the deal! Although I do feel like I’m dying. My joints, insides, and existence is physically painful but oh well lmao

Most Reactions

Latest posts