I think my grandparent's budgie is in fatal condition..

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Hey!
I hope you and your birds are having a great day
So this isn't about my beloved ringneck roy, but today i went to my grandparents house and they recently bought 2 budgies around four days ago.
And i couldn't help but wonder why one of the budgies are sitting on the cage's floor they look really lethargic and im honestly worried
Keep in mind that i am posting this for my grandparents and i am not the primary owner of this budgie as i am generally a parrot owner. Although, I couldn't stop worrying about why he's looking like this he looks sick and i honestly genuinely think he needs immediate avian care i will attach a picture of them tell me what you think
A6C751CE-CA3A-4745-A364-3B80F4E7F1FD.jpeg

Thank you very much i hope this isn't something very serious, i wish you and your birds a good day! :)

Attachments

• 61F5FA1A-A99B-482B-A6B7-61376F722430.jpeg
    61F5FA1A-A99B-482B-A6B7-61376F722430.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 49

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey!
I hope you and your birds are having a great day
So this isn't about my beloved ringneck roy, but today i went to my grandparents house and they recently bought 2 budgies around four days ago.
And i couldn't help but wonder why one of the budgies are sitting on the cage's floor they look really lethargic and im honestly worried
Keep in mind that i am posting this for my grandparents and i am not the primary owner of this budgie as i am generally a parrot owner. Although, I couldn't stop worrying about why he's looking like this he looks sick and i honestly genuinely think he needs immediate avian care i will attach a picture of them tell me what you think
View attachment 47640

Thank you very much i hope this isn't something very serious, i wish you and your birds a good day! :)
Budgies only sit on the floor of the cage when they're babies (this little guy is an adult) and when they are VERY SICK! He will die if he's not taken to an avian vet ASAP, but it may be too late.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I dont knkw how they are to be exact because i am not the primary owner, they're my grandparents and they live 1h 30m from me in a differeny city but i've heard that theyve been okay and yhey got better :)
That's good news, thank you for the update!

Most Reactions