I can't hide
I can't hide

Yeah, you got that somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I feel that somethin'
I want to hold your BEAK
I want to hold your BE E E E E-E EAK,
I want to hold your BEAK
I want to hold your BEAK, BEAK BEAK-BEAK BEAK!

There you go. Guitar tablature sold separately.

@PippTheBananaBirb
Ay I didn't get the notification for this! Maybe I didn't see it lol..

I have heard the original song so much I can't even keep track. I've heard most Beatles songs..

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Yes! Ona absolutely loves to be pet the same way. She likes her beak itself being pet too. In general she loves to “rest” her beak on things.

Last edited:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Here's what I observed with the ol' Rb. When he was young, in particular, before he hit sexual maturity at 3-4 years, he loved having his beakie held, tugged, squeezed. Over the years that changed, and he hasn't tolerated any beakieholding forEVER. So maybe it was a baby thing that brought on memories/sensations of feeding?

Oopsadaysey

Mar 11, 2022
East Gippsland Australia
Parrots
21yr old LutinoxPearl Quarrion (sorry cockatiel) Munchkin aka The Princess
Munchkin loves touching and cuddling into my almost closed hand, and sits there for 20 -30 mins, it's a bit hard with my arthritic hands. Sometimes we wonder how she breathes. My husband can get up close and personal, scratching around her eyes and ears and the thick small feathers around her head she can't get to. He also opens her new feather shafts - she actually tells him to.

My neighbour has an older cockatiel ( about 20 - a year younger than ours ) they have had to clip his beak every 10 weeks since they got him.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Munchkin loves touching and cuddling into my almost closed hand, and sits there for 20 -30 mins, it's a bit hard with my arthritic hands. Sometimes we wonder how she breathes. My husband can get up close and personal, scratching around her eyes and ears and the thick small feathers around her head she can't get to. He also opens her new feather shafts - she actually tells him to.

My neighbour has an older cockatiel ( about 20 - a year younger than ours ) they have had to clip his beak every 10 weeks since they got him.
What species of bird is Munchkin? I’m here with Willow (blue Quaker) and he’s err-erring and running back and forth unless I hold him in my hand (or both hands are better).

I’m thinking that Quakers are more beaks-on birds and do more beaking along with more allopreening. I don’t know much about Patagonian conures but perhaps they don’t do that? Or the Rb doesn’t “feel that way” about you.

Willow gets upset if I stop cuddling or touching him. I’ve been trying to get him to go hang out on my shoulder and he declines. He wants to be right in my face where I have to pet him with one or both hands.

Last edited:

Oopsadaysey

Mar 11, 2022
East Gippsland Australia
Parrots
21yr old LutinoxPearl Quarrion (sorry cockatiel) Munchkin aka The Princess
Munchkin is a cockatiel, but a cross mutation and not much bigger than a budgie. She is extremely affectionate, kisses me good morning and good night and whenever she moves from me to hubby. Will sit and preen for hours on our knees or feet. We think that the breeder had Budgies and tiels and used all his limbs to humanise them. When I used to work from home she would sit for hours on my knee under my desk or on my laptop keyboard if it was cold.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow is doing it for himself (the beak holding, I mean).
88FC8BAD-592E-4B3D-8BEF-E6BCD0599EF0.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts