I'm back - with a vengance ;-)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Hey WB! Sounds like you had a happy, busy week!

Wow, shark attack - claim to fame ;)

Don't be worried about the numbness as I said to you, mine is still numb and will probably never have much feeling in it! Tis the sad way it works and he'll know all about it when he gets cold or bashes it!

I always say when I bash mine it's my "anti-daftness reminder! lol!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Great to have you back and to hear your son's well on his way to mending :)

OP
madparrotwoman

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
Von, you think the numbness may be permanent? That's a kind of scary thought and I'd forgotton all about your hand being numb!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Well, I'm no expert, only have what the docs and friends told me of their experiences but yes to a degree.

I couldn't feel anything at all for about 6months on it and now about 2 years on from that 6 months the top of my hand that I cut open and my index fingers side only have limited feeling. Sort of like when you have pins and needles in your foot and it's beginning to subside then you rub it? You know your hands on your foot but it's sort of numb? That's the best way I can describe how it feels now.

Honestly though, it's not a noticible thing 24/7, as I say, the only time I really feel it is when I hit it or it's v.cold.

My friend who had her pinky come nearly off and had it stitched back on (I know, horrible thought!) can't feel it at all years later, but like my hand it's fully functional.

Try not to worry too much, it's not as if we all go around with useless body parts! hehe.

OP
madparrotwoman

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
This is what I mean about it looking like a shark bite

Attachments

• SN850492.jpg
    SN850492.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 84
  • SN850493.jpg
    SN850493.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 82
  • SN850494.JPG
    SN850494.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 97

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
oh my god, that is scary. I would have been flipping out getting the stitches in. hope all is well soon!

Most Reactions