Incredible Story

OP
Luke252

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
Wow! Great happy ending. He knew he would find you again. ;)

Haha yeah, he was just going on a little vacation. But I think he doesn't want to go on another for a couple of years lol :)

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Hi Luke! Thankfully Larry bird came back to you and didn't go too far! I let my U2 outside daily and the most important thing I can share, is to have a contact call with your bird.

OP
Luke252

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
Hi Luke! Thankfully Larry bird came back to you and didn't go too far! I let my U2 outside daily and the most important thing I can share, is to have a contact call with your bird.

Thank you very much, after the incident I have now tagged my birds. As I said, Larry is a quite nervous bird, and gets scared easily. Charlie and Max I let outside and they are mostly fine. Its just Larry because he gets easy spooks. Infact I am evening thinking of teaching Charlie (Red Tailed Black Cockatoo) Free Flight. Thanks for the advice. :)

Sungazer

Feb 14, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Galah
Eclectus
Crimson Rosella
Thats a great ending you must have been over the moon. Its a very empty feeling when you see your bird fly off and the feeling that you may never see him again.

I had a Galah who flew off but not far into a very tall gum tree. It took hours of trying different things to get him down all the while night time was coming and I thought If I leave him and he flys off I will never see him again. I was lucky I finally got a pole up to him and he stepped onto it/ knocked of his perch then flew to the ground and I was able to retrieve him.

OP
Luke252

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Thats a great ending you must have been over the moon. Its a very empty feeling when you see your bird fly off and the feeling that you may never see him again.

I had a Galah who flew off but not far into a very tall gum tree. It took hours of trying different things to get him down all the while night time was coming and I thought If I leave him and he flys off I will never see him again. I was lucky I finally got a pole up to him and he stepped onto it/ knocked of his perch then flew to the ground and I was able to retrieve him.

Thanks, yeah it can be a real struggle to get them down. Luckily for me, Larry was trying his hardest to get down to me. So once he got another spook and flew again, he actually came Landed in front of me and climbed up to safety. :)

OP
Luke252

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
OP
Luke252

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots

Most Reactions