Indigo's Life Updates

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
So on Saturday I adopted a little budgie named indigo he is very sweet very cute and he is sick.... But that's besides the point because I'm getting that delt with today but anyways I thought I would just make a thread for updates about my little new ball of floof.

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_134014.jpg
    IMG_20220129_134014.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 72

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Congratulations on your adopted budgie Indigo. He is very cute! I hope he gets better soon.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Congrats, hope he's doing better soon!

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
He is very sweet that's for sure but he is definitely likes to escape it took me 3 hours of coaxing yesterday to get him back into his cage I'm still not sure how he got out.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Birds are mad geniuses is the only determination I can come up with for how birds escape from anything :ROFLMAO:

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Birds are mad geniuses is the only determination I can come up with for how birds escape from anything :ROFLMAO:
That is so true tho...

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
i had a problem with indi for a few months he wouldent come out of his cage once i had him and julius together but he was atleast standing ontop of the door of the cage today on the outside of it. He still hasent found his little confidence to fly anywhere but he's figuring it out slowly but surely.

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Indi made 3 small kinda controlled flights today lightly bounced off one of my window's onto a pillow. So he's getting somewhere! Julius either forgot how to fly in 2 weeks ( i kept them in because of house construction it was a little loud didnt want them getting spooked) or he's having vison problems because he couldent seem to find the door to the cage either so im a little worried about that- Kinda concerned Julius didnt really wasent flying well considering he used to be a really really strong fast flier and he never bumped into anything maybe he just was thrown off because he had another bird flying around in his face so i dont know but i'll let them out tomorrow too and see if it was just a fluke Julius seemed to be fumbling around a bit. Indi did great though for his first time flying around a little bit! im proud of him 😊

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Good job! Did you take them to the vet? You indicated that indigo was sick when you got him. That is difficult because budgies are so fragile.

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Good job! Did you take them to the vet? You indicated that indigo was sick when you got him. That is difficult because budgies are so fragile.
Yep indi's all good 👍Yeah they are fragile i was so freaked out about letting indi try to fly today but thought indi was ready there's only so much u can prepare for letting them try to fly on there own aftr he hit the window a little biti picked him up later (i have him tained to let me pick him up forvet visits) gave him the once over he looked fine he's still figure out how to "turn". hasent quite that down yet lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts