infertility

ringneck_breeder

Mar 19, 2022
Parrots
indian ringneck, conure, Alexandrine , African grey
Hi friend and Experts,
i have pairs of Indian Ring Necks. and i get infertile eggs. i have noticed that in some pairs females become in breeding condition and lean on perch in mating mode but males are not interested and females lay eggs without mating. please help to resolve this problem.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello, welcome :)
Do you know any ethical breeders near you? You could ask one of them for advice :)

Maybe you should switch up the pairs? (Take my advice like a grain of salt. I'm no expert breeder!)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Assure you have DNA Verified Males and that they are old enough to mate. From the base age it can still be several years before you have proven pairs. It is more difficult for brothers and sisters to agree to mate, so assure that you have a pair from different lines. Time of year can have an effect as something else may be driving your females that is not effecting the males. Just a few of many possibilities.

As stated above, please seek out an ethical Breeder. But, do not be surprised that they choose not to help you as you represent competition in a tight market.

OP
R

ringneck_breeder

Mar 19, 2022
Parrots
indian ringneck, conure, Alexandrine , African grey
Thanks for advice. one of your point (age factor ) is valid for some pairs. but i have some proven pairs one is yellow Indian Ring Neck and one is white Indian Ring Neck both pairs produced chick 6 out of 6 and 5 out of 6 eggs two years ago but. than become infertile.

Most Reactions

Latest posts