Introducing Kiwi & Zeus

Kiwi&Zeus

Jun 10, 2024
Media
India
Parrots
Kiwi is 8 to 9 years old female and Zeus is 19 to 20 months old male.
I have a pair with female 8+ and male almost 2 years. I am not sure if the pair are bonding enough to start mating. Is it possible that there is too much space in the aviary? If yes then any suggestions how can I improve the situation and make them a successful breeding pair!! ( someone suggested to me to add a pair of love birds) the aviary is 4 feet wide, 12 feet long and 9 feet height.

Attachments

• IMG_9682.gif
    IMG_9682.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Kiwi is 8 to 9 yo, and she been with us for over 7 years, Zeus is is 2 year old and been with us for 16 months.

They are a happy and chilled pair. I am trying to make them a mating pair and need tips to make sure they have healthy chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_8588.jpeg
    IMG_8588.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1000018238.jpeg
    1000018238.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to you and your buddies!
I know we have experienced breeders on board.
I have always viewed that as intimidating and demanding; I'm glad you're seeking advice before diving in!

I have a pair with female 8+ and male almost 2 years. I am not sure if the pair are bonding enough to start mating. Is it possible that there is too much space in the aviary? If yes then any suggestions how can I improve the situation and make them a successful breeding pair!! ( someone suggested to me to add a pair of love birds) the aviary is 4 feet wide, 12 feet long and 9 feet height.

I wouldn't go adding lovebirds to the mix. From everything I read they can get pretty territorial and aggressive don't mix so well with others and may well pose a danger to your chicks. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with the rest of your query :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back