Injured nostril

eosaw

Sep 10, 2023
Parrots
senegal bird
Hello,

Yesterday Tweetie and I, Tweetie being my parrot, were hanging by his cage when something must've scared which prompted him to fly away but he ended up hitting himself against the cage and although he is acting very normally and nothing has changed about this behaviour, I noticed he had a scrap on the skin where his nostrils are. Is it worth getting a vet visit? the nearest parrot vet is 2 hours away, and due to its uniqueness unfortunately very expensive. He did ended up washing the wound away as he took a bath in a bowl of water this morning but I'm just super worried about him.

Any advices?

(The pictures quality doesn't match the real life injury as it is slightly more red, it looks to me just like he scraped the top layer of his skin )

Attachments

• 20240514_225941.jpg
    20240514_225941.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 21
To assess Tweetie's well-being after an injury, monitor the wound, observe behavior, provide comfort, consult a avian veterinarian if signs of infection or behavior change, and prevent future accidents by addressing potential hazards in his environment. Prioritize ensuring Tweetie's health and safety, and seek professional advice from a qualified avian veterinarian if uncertain about the injury's severity.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back